Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Particle Accelerator

Default Particle Accelerator

I was wondering what other people's opinions about this Particle Accelerator. I don't think anything bad is going to happen, but then again know one know for sure what will happen Particle Accelerator Speeds Into an Age of "New Physics" - washingtonpost.com

Well after the fire it up, and the world don't dissapear into a black hole, there will be nothing to talk about.

I wouldn't be worried, if it happens, you can't do anything about it anyway, and if anyone with any power to stop it tought it would end the world, they wouldn't be allowed to fire it up.

Nothing will happen.

...there will be nothing to talk about
    Excluding the possibility humanity could learn how the ''big bang'' was caused, solve all sorts of other secrets of the universe and how it all works but nobody gives a shit about that.

they wouldn't be allowed to fire it up.
    Well, they did.

Going to be the biggest thing since the moon landing.

Seriously, this thing is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Going to be the biggest thing since the moon landing.

Seriously, this thing is awesome.
    Yeah... it is pretty epic. I'm looking forward to hearing about the discoveries this thing will help create.

Possibly the single greatest event in science so far. In terms of experimental science, as opposed to theoretical, possibly the greatest ever. I'm glad to have been alive when it happened.