Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iq test

Default Iq test

I took an IQ test and got the results back and this what score gave me and classic faction of ability

Age 25 IQ 33.6
    Higher Than 0.0%
    Mental Age 5.376
    Category Severe Mental Retardation
    Typical Capabilities (as an adult): Limited ability to communicate, eat, bathe, dress, toilet. No academic skills.

So if read this right got the mental age of 5 years old.

I think your disability has skewed the test score. I've seen your posts for several years now, and I know you are much higher functioning than that. Your statements and perceptions are as high as many of the junior high students which I work with. Don't take that score seriously. I might add that people also have talent areas, things which they do at much higher levels than other areas.

I'm high functioning, though math is certainly not my area of excellence. On the other hand, I'm very gifted in music, probably at genius level. As a kid, I could carry an entire Haydn symphony in my head, and go to sleep with it playing in my mind. Trying to measure intelligence is an approximation at best. What is important is measuring the things which you are capable of doing. The most important thing in life is about being happy. Music makes my happy as does writing. My sense of self worth comes not only from those, but also helping others, and being a friend to others. Don't sell yourself short.

I know I'm not stupid but I always wonder why could not work or go to college and here answer so now know why I'm on SSI and have live with parents.

For your question about the colleges and work, they usually use some type of an iq test to see if you are fit for what you are going to except you to do and if you do bad it's hurt a lot if the score is really low.

Listen, I've seen various post you've made in the time I've been here, and you give excellent impute. Your fine as you are, I can understand you just fine, you think through what you say here, and you obviously have academic skills otherwise this conversation wouldn't exist. Maybe your not the best at some things, maybe your disabled. But I've seen you care more and give better advise then people without problems. That's strength and no silly test can rate that.

I know it's kind stupid but been trying figure myself for few months why why am however your right score can't measure a who fully agree but still just a small clue to me in the quest to find self in life. I mean does that sound crazy me try digging for the reason way I am in life why god made me this way before used be depressed. But know want to know what caused it and how can overcome it move on with life.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I think your disability has skewed the test score. I've seen your posts for several years now, and I know you are much higher functioning than that. Your statements and perceptions are as high as many of the junior high students which I work with. Don't take that score seriously. I might add that people also have talent areas, things which they do at much higher levels than other areas.
    I was going to say the same thing.

First off, note that learning disabilities are not intellectual disabilities- though they can certainly be a major obstacle in reaching your potential. If you have a learning disability, it's entirely possible that "how smart you are" and "how much you know" are different things. It's testing the second, and trying to use that to make a guess at the first. If you had trouble in school and just don't know a whole lot of things, despite being a smart person, you won't test well. That's my best guess.

Also, average intelligence is an IQ of 100. As your IQ gets further from that, higher or lower, the number it returns is less likely to be accurate. Moreover, while I don't feel I know you well from your posts, you obviously have some basic abilities down- communicating effectively, using a computer, etc. A person with an IQ of 30ish shouldn't have those skills- or if they do, it should be about the most complex task they can possibly handle.

Yes. A person with an IQ of 33 would be low severe and profound. Basically, all you would be able to do would lay around and drool. Oh...isn't that what we do when we regress?... Just kidding, but that test was way off.

No actual with IQ I have is real however answer questions my online activity is done with a computer program for disabled it check grammar and with voice to type so what ever says in mice it go through like say it if we were in person.

Without it me use a computer would be impossible because real like I can't type or write well or even do the math right. The most can do in math add and subtract small numbers. When was in school my teacher had to help with a lot included read papers for me like a test and so on. I barely past school I graduated with an IEP from high school so IQ is right just with tech gadget it make life a lot easier without it be nearly impossible for me to function online.

I think with advancement with computer programs and device for disabled it make function in normal society I see with computer coming more smarter it make life easier for other with disability in the world. So just because IQ mental you can do think in the world but with help from technology.

I think start thread see your option on IQ test what see you all have basically like said same feeling toward it.

Was this a computer IQ test or one administered by a professional? There is a big difference.

The simple ones you find on the internet test your test taking ability as well as as different aspect of intelligence. Proper tests need to be given by a trained person and take hours. They are designed so that the different aspects of intelligence as measure independently so a deficit in one area won't lower the score in another. I suspect you would score higher on a proper test.
    Last edited by WildRoseBaby; 09-Feb-2012 at 09:00.