Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have/did you ever skip school?

Default Have/did you ever skip school?

Have you ever skipped school before to do something with friends or you just didn't feel like going?

If you did it with friends, what did you do?

Fayte

I've skipped school before, but not for fun. I was depressed, still am, and I was too exhausted to even get out of bed quite a few times.

I went to a buddy's house my first time skipping and we got under a blanket on the couch and slept together.

Then my dad woke me up around noon when he called my cell to ask if I wanted him to bring me lunch. It was weird.

After that I played with his bunny, I think. Then we played with joysticks.

And those are the literal events that happened. It's a lot less weird than it sounds.

I'm sorry to hear that Fayte. I did that my Freshman year in college and it caused me to get poor grades. I only skipped once in high school, and for similar reasons. In college I skipped all the time, but I was the loser, especially since I was the one paying for those classes. Often I was just going out with friends, having fun. Sometimes we would go into New York City.

I skipped class constantly. I didn't start attending class nearly all the time until grad school. I usually skipped class to go skateboarding, snowboarding, or to go hang out at a restaurant for a few hours with the buds. I know that my grades could've been a whole ton better if I would have gone to class more often.

Never in high school, often in college. I was one of those college students who excelled at all courses pertaining to his major and barely scraped by in the others. To me, even now, so many of those courses just seem like filler designed to turn what could be a two-year degree program into a four-year one (= more $$). I've never bought the "well-rounded" argument--save that for high school!

So I skipped those classes quite often, unless I knew the professor was prone to taking roll.

What would I do when skipping? Usually something semi-productive (or so I reasoned), like work on a hobby. As an engineering student living with other engineering students, there was never a shortage of geeky, collaborative projects to work on.

Not really. I was a sickeningly good student attendance-wise.

Not that I'd learn or anything; I'd just fill a seat.

At my highschool, we were allowed 10 absences per semester unless a Doctor gave a note. I kept count and managed to be 'sick' exactly nine days per semester, i left one spare one just in case i actually got sick. But i have a pretty tough immune system, so that rarely happened. I never did anything except lay around the house and watch TV and play games.

In my last semester of highschool i had a study period the last period of the day and i went to the library... then out to my car and went home. No one ever knew i was gone, i would be there for attendance then 'poof'

Quote Originally Posted by ABalex View Post
    At my highschool, we were allowed 10 absences per semester unless a Doctor gave a note. I kept count and managed to be 'sick' exactly nine days per semester, i left one spare one just in case i actually got sick. But i have a pretty tough immune system, so that rarely happened. I never did anything except lay around the house and watch TV and play games.

In my last semester of highschool i had a study period the last period of the day and i went to the library... then out to my car and went home. No one ever knew i was gone, i would be there for attendance then 'poof'
    Study periods in high school here don't get checked for attendance. You're openly told that you can leave the school if you want. If you have it first period, they say you can sleep in, if you have it last period they say you can leave early. With the period rotation every week (second period becomes first, third period becomes fourth, and then back to normal the next week) you're always guaranteed to either get to leave early or sleep in (never both in the same semester, though)

I skipped classes in grades 10-11 often. I have social anxiety problems and I would often get anxiety attacks (especially in PE), I would just have to leave immediately. I used to go to this little forested area, I would just sit there and pretend there was no one around for miles. Now I am in alternative schooling so I do most of my work at home and I find I can actually get more work done that way.