20 60.61%
  • Not sure

1 3.03%
  • I'll never be able to, but I want to

3 9.09%
  • Other...

6 18.18%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: For those who are not allowed to drive; do you want to?

Default For those who are not allowed to drive; do you want to?

I deliberately posted this in the mature topics section to try and discourage people from posting replies such as "I can't, but i'll be able to when i'm 17".

Specifically, I was wondering if anyone here like myself who has a medical condition which prevents them from driving, wants to?

Just curiosity I guess.

I would when I need too, but other than that I'd take public transportation, it's free for me in the area.

I can drive, but after an accident, my parents won't let me.

I'm 18, and I do not have my license. Although I personally don't care, I do want to be able to drive because it really sucks not being able to since my friends live pretty far from me.

As of now, I finally got around to apply for a learner's permit (they're required here in PA before you can apply for your license) - but alas, I was smacked down by The Man when one of my past truancy charges came to bite me in the ass.

So although I can drive (I passed the written exam) - I can't drive until November-something because I'm suspended.

Not even allowed to drive and I already am getting in trouble

Driving for me is weird. I had brilliant control the instructor said. They though I would pass very quickly. But second lesson I went over 15 mph and almost had a panic attack. I was hyperventilating, screaming - lucky it was a duel control car. I hated it. It wasn't just the speed - I have been quicker on go-karts, quad bikes etc. but I couldn't do it.

I want to drive, but I need to learn to cope with being in control of a car mentally first.

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't drive, once I gave away my bike in 1962, I have been driveing ever since.

I can drive. It's probably one of the best things that happened in my life(i enjoy the privilege to drive that much).

I've had my learners for 1 1/2 years. I was close to getting my license, but my fathers car broke and he got a stick shift. I'm fine with just taking ride-on and metro, but I need to get my license so I can drive my mother places.