Thread: Telling Friends

Default Telling Friends

I know it's hard telling your friends, but what if they're the type that are really into church and such. I mean I'm a Christian too, but their families are more religious in it than mine.. Would that be a harsh factor, or am I just over thinking this like I usually do... ??

Why is it so important to tell this friend? What will you gain from telling them? All that being said though, church aside, would they be open and understanding to your interest in diapers?

Well it's really about 5 friends and they're my Only friends. Even if they live 4 states away now... I just don't really know how they would react to it..

Why is it so important that you tell them? What do you hope to gain from it?

Personally, I wouldn't tell any friends at all. It's not something that they really need to know in my opinion and it isn't going to enhance our relationship. Now I have told people before, whenever there is someone who I think might understand I get really anxious and just tell them. Sometimes it has gone well and other times it hasn't.

It's up to you, but the safest thing to do would be to not tell them unless it was absolutely necessary. Again though, just my opinion.

I don't know, I haven't told any friends myself, but from what i can say out of your question is it really depends on the person and not so much their religious aspects. I think you will find people of both sides of the spectrum. I am a pretty religious guy, but I am also an AB/Dl/BF, which has caused me to be pretty open minded about things. What it probably will take is someone who is religious, but appreciates the fact that people come from all walks of life, everyone has their own story, their own challenge. In my opinion, if you want to find somebody who has really learned from their religion, then they will not be judgmental of what you have to tell them, they might not accept it, but they shouldn't be critical of it.
    On the other hand, you will have friends who are religious, and a little caught up in perfectionism, and i don't want to sound judgmental about it or even that all aspects of it are wrong, but i remember having a mentality of my own that I needed to live perfectly, or at least pretty dang well, and it made me look very bad upon the idea of Infantilism (which was quite self destructive.) I think for religious people who may not have been exposed to much diversity of mind, it is easy to think of Infantilism as wrong and evil, as i once did. When you give it some thought though, there isn't much of a good explanation why it would be bad.
    So sorry this is a long answer, but I figure, if you think your friend is a well rounded person, then you can probably expect they will either think it is weird, or cool, or interesting, but they won't think less of you. If you think they are a bit extremely religious, then it might be more of a shocker than what they need.

Just my opinion. Good luck.

I agree with Tyger, that much depends on your evaluation of the individual people that you are considering telling. I think it is a brave thing to do, to come out about this, but you do have to understand and accept potential consequences. People can be hateful, and you may just lose some friends! Gays and lesbians would not enjoy the freedoms they do now if it weren't for brave people who "came out" and fought for their human rights. I am coming out, carefully to special people, partially to some others, and keeping it from those who i expect would be hostile, or who, quite frankly, who have no business knowing! But I do firmly believe that what I am doing is not wrong, hurts no one, and makes me happy. I should be free to live my life as I wish, under those terms, and not have to hide. One other thing that occurs to me, if your friends are really true to their religion ( a loving religion?) then they shouldn't judge you ill. My own feeling has to be, though, that there is something liberating about telling people - it makes me feel a bit more okay about myself, and less paranoid about hiding all my baby stuff. Good luck, it is never easy, is it?

I think you need to spend some time thinking why you need to tell all four or five of your friends. I would have to assume that you are having trouble dealing with the feelings of wanting to regress, wear diapers, etc. This can be a problem for many of us. So many of us have no one in which to confine with. I didn't when I was young as there was no internet, and it wasn't something I would have ever shared with anyone, much less my best friend who was the starting linebacker on our high school football team.

Some of us have professional counselors or even psychologists/psychiatrists. I eventually had a psychiatrist when I was in college when my mom discovered by stash. Some of us have confided in parents. Some needed their support, love and acceptance and some just wanted to be able to wear diapers without feeling like they were lying to their parents.

If you are having trouble dealing with all of this, and think you have one very good friend who would listen to you, and most importantly, support you, then tell. If not, I think you would be better to keep it to yourself. It is true that gay people having the courage to come out have made life better for gay individuals, bringing some acceptance to a biased society. My best friend from college has had the courage to do this, an openly gay high school principal and now an international mediator to social discourse concerning gay/lesbian acceptance in high schools.

I mentioned parents and counselors because this would be a better road if you are suffering from psychological problems accepting who you are. But if you are comfortable with this, then it might be best to keep it to yourself. I'm not sure how society accepts those of us who have fetishes. Usually they are uncomfortable with it, yet it's not uncommon within any society. I would like to see more acceptance of us, but when all is said and done, the thought of "so what" comes to mind.

So what if you are compelled to act on some sort of fetish, as long as it doesn't get you into trouble. The problem with fetishes is that most, if acted upon, will create problems. You can't steal someone elses underwear, shoes, have sex with animals or dead bodies. These are all fetishes and the public tends to lump us together. We are the adult babies who dress up, wear diapers, drink from a baby's bottle and suck a pacifier. We don't show well to a judgmental public. This is why most of us live in secret. I don't mind being part of "the underground". We are unique and special. We are the littles, and I'm proud to be different. For me, that is enough.

I think Dogboy hit the nail on the head.Like I said if there is something to be gained from telling your friends then go for it. Just be weary of what could happen though. It would be a shame to lose a friend over something insignificant.

I have told friends that are close to me and they don't think anything different about me except that I like to wear diapers. They don't ask me when I see them if I am wearing or not. Only a couple of my friends think that it is cute that I wear diapers and have changed me just to see what it is like to change an adult. And I love when they do. That would not include my AB/DL friends.