Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TN Representative Denies HIV through Heterosexual contact.

Default TN Representative Denies HIV through Heterosexual contact.

Tennessee Rep. Says It’s ‘Virtually Impossible’ To Contract AIDS Through Heterosexual Sex | Addicting Info

Really? In this day and age with all the education and research and knowledge of how HIV and AIDS are contracted we still have elected officials like this.

And this is they guy that is supposed to help decide new laws to impose on the people of TN.

I know there is probably more to the story then this rather biased website is showing but COME ON! Really, only GAY (not Lesbian) But GAY intercourse spreads HIV. One last time:

AH hello we all know if you are going to play you better wrap it and be safe

acorn

When a subject is presented so far off base, is it worth getting into a debate. All you can glean from that is, that there is a possibility that some of your elected representatives may like monkey's in an unhealthy sort of way. People may need to learn they must cast a vote and be fussy about who gets said vote. Nuff said.

*facepalm Just so you know.. Most of Tennesseans do not agree with this wackjob and he is most definitely not going to be re-elected. He was on our local news radio station here in knoxville, and even with very conservative hosts, he was chewed out and told that he was an embarrassment of east Tennessee. Sadly there are people like him in this area. But they are a minority, and i dont think most of us realized what a idiot he was til after he got into office.

Butterfly Mage

It's not like Red State politician-preachers know anything about science.

Yes, because making blatantly stereotypical comments like

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    It's not like Red State politician-preachers know anything about science.
    Is much more accurate than what this ONE person said.

What a complete idiot!

Talk about uninformed slander, did he get stuck in the 70īs ?

Sadly enough, I bet he will get votes for it.

I highly doubt he will be re-elected, most of his district is pretty ticked off at him. This is not the only time he has made a fool of himself on radio/TV and he is an embarrassment to the people he represents. I am not gay, and i was flat out offended by some of the stuff he said on a local radio interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragarach View Post
    Really? In this day and age with all the education and research and knowledge of how HIV and AIDS are contracted we still have elected officials like this.
    Common sense isn't common.

I remember taking Intro to Gay & Lesbian Studies as an undergraduate. One thing we talked about is that homophobia and specifically discrimination against gay men is based in discrimination against women, using gay men as a proxy. Because gay men love other men, then the aren't REAL men, because they aren't masculine. At the time, I thought this was bullshit. Then I started reading Red State and Free Republic, and holy shit, people actually post these things word for word. There are people who actually think that gay men aren't men, in the literal sense, because they don't put their dicks in vaginas. The people who think these things are working from an entirely different set of logic molded to fit their chosen worldview.

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ABalex View Post
    Yes, because making blatantly stereotypical comments like

Is much more accurate than what this ONE person said.
    When Butterfly Mage said "Red State," I believe he meant Erick Erickson and his followers at RedState. I can assure you that users on Red State are pretty damn lockstop is bigotry and aren't a pro-science crowd. I'm assuming this because he capitalized the words. I don't think he meant people are universally retarded in states that vote Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    When Butterfly Mage said "Red State," I believe he meant Erick Erickson and his followers at RedState. I can assure you that users on Red State are pretty damn lockstop is bigotry and aren't a pro-science crowd. I'm assuming this because he capitalized the words. I don't think he meant people are universally retarded in states that vote Republican.
    Ah, if that is the case, then i apologize. But living in this part of the country and hearing how some people think we are all racist, homophobes, backwards bigots that cling to our bibles and guns gets a little annoying after a while. I actually found out that Knoxville is the 8th gay friendliest city in US. TBH, even i was a little surprised by that.