Thread: Any tricks for baby or toddler bibs with velcro closure ???

Default Any tricks for baby or toddler bibs with velcro closure ???

I was at the supermarket today and did a grab and go buy when I saw cute bibs that I liked, I usually don't use them but this time I grabbed them, they turn out to be with a velcro in the back and its way too tight for me, I can close it but it hurts, I was sure it would fit but it doesn't, I'm not sure if there's a way to fix it, I was thinking of just a small part of velcro that would extend it and fix that but I'm not sure where I can get some, I don't need a whole roll of velcro, just a little bit, any ideas or maybe a better solution beside ordering adult sized, I was looking for toddler or pre-schooler sized ones but didn't find really big ones that I remember we had when I was younger, ones even with sleeves integrated.

For small pieces of Velcro look for computer cable ties that are made of well Velcro lol. My local dollar store sells them in like a 12pack of assorted colors for a dollar. Or you can just go to Walmart or any other big box store and look down the computer or home entertainment department in the cable management area of that department and your sure to fin them. Best part is you can use as many as you need for your bib and the rest on any other cables etc.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I have some at home, why I didn't think about them, great idea, it won't match the color and can be itchy around the neck but I'll find a fix for that I'm quite sure, thanks for the great tip.

You could always pick up a needle and thread. sewing isn't difficult and you can extend the next a bit if you like.

i dont know if you have a michels or hobby loby craft store where you live but most craft stores have art bibs that work realty well .they are usualy pvc or vynal with kid prints and some even have sleves on them. they are also quite large big enough for a big/little.

Quote Originally Posted by THUMPERKATYLYNN View Post
    i dont know if you have a michels or hobby loby craft store where you live but most craft stores have art bibs that work realty well .they are usualy pvc or vynal with kid prints and some even have sleves on them. they are also quite large big enough for a big/little.
    That's a great idea

i think its kind of cool how you can find good things in the most unusual places. just a knack that i have to look at everything in a store and use my vivid imagination for the posobilitys a product may have.

At one time L.L. from Big Baby Boutique was making adult bibs with really nice babyish prints. My wife surprised me one Christmas by buying me one.

try ebay

special needs bib i got mine from and toys very good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by CodyBaby View Post
    I was at the supermarket today and did a grab and go buy when I saw cute bibs that I liked, I usually don't use them but this time I grabbed them, they turn out to be with a velcro in the back and its way too tight for me, I can close it but it hurts, I was sure it would fit but it doesn't, I'm not sure if there's a way to fix it, I was thinking of just a small part of velcro that would extend it and fix that but I'm not sure where I can get some, I don't need a whole roll of velcro, just a little bit, any ideas or maybe a better solution beside ordering adult sized, I was looking for toddler or pre-schooler sized ones but didn't find really big ones that I remember we had when I was younger, ones even with sleeves integrated.

I made the bibs myself. These bibs fit me perfectly. The Winnie Pooh bib is my favourite.