Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't really know where else to turn.

Unhappy I don't really know where else to turn.

I really wish I had friends. Sometimes internet friends just don't cut it. But I'd be happy with even just a few of those. Real friends though, not ones that pretend.

I'm extremely depressed. I really need someone to talk to. But it's like there's no one there. I feel like i have no where else to turn. So I picked here in a last ditch effort to not do something stupid.

Maybe this is just for attention, maybe it's not. I'm not even sure what I'm hoping to gain from posting this, just some good advice maybe. Advice on how to keep your head above water I guess.

Rereading this I realize its vague. But being in the mood I'm in, I am not exactly thinking rationally, and would rather not say something that would cause others to think ill of me.
    Last edited by DaddysToxxicBabyGirl; 02-Feb-2012 at 06:38.

I know how you fell and I am here for you. Pm me if you want to talk and I will listen, and if it is appropriate give my advice. I believe everybody is special and I love all people so you will find no judgements here. Everybody needs a friend and if I can be yours it would not only be an honor, but also be my pleasure.

Yagnuf

BabyGirl, that's why this site is here, to support folks like us. You are never alone. This is a safe place to explore your feelings and emotions and gain input from others who are going through similar things. Tell us a little more of what your feeling and where your head is (other than on top of your neck). Take care and God bless you.

That sucks I know how hard good friends are to come by (especially for girls sometimes). I only have 3 friends that I even speak to any more after my falling out with society. My girlfriend is not so lucky, after a similar falling out she doesn't have any real friends left. It is a strange feeling, when you feel like you don't have any friends, it can be lonely and you can feel trapped. A little attention can be good for you sometimes, especially when your not feeling alright. If your ever feeling really down and unmotivated try doing something you have been pushing aside for a while. I find that helps me, even if its just some tidying. Anyway, you seem like a very nice person and I hope your okay

I think this is one of those things about being an adult you never expect until you reach adulthood and it knocks on your door. School provides a natural source of peers because you see the same people all day, every day. Even if you go to college, so long as your college experience is more than showing up to class, you'll see lots of people over and over. But aside from that, in adulthood, you just don't have social structures that put you next to potential friends all day.

My answer has been seeking out such places. Choose things you like, and look for a group. Like the outdoors? Join a hiking club. Looking for spiritual growth? Join a religious organizations. Like to be active in your community? Look for a civic group. Once you leave school, you don't make friends unless you put yourself in places to find potential friends. You can find such places with a computer. But the physically going out part is the important stuff.

I agree with NightFox's advice above, I know personally when I was active in clubs (both high school and college) was when I actually knew some people and had a few friends. I can relate in lately I haven't really done much networking (shyness and other stuff not going to get into), and with most friends being elsewhere or have had moved, been struggling at times with not knowing people to spend time with again =/. Personally, in terms of internet friends, I have found things like skype can help make it feel more er...real so to speak then just messaging.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    I think this is one of those things about being an adult you never expect until you reach adulthood and it knocks on your door. School provides a natural source of peers because you see the same people all day, every day. Even if you go to college, so long as your college experience is more than showing up to class, you'll see lots of people over and over. But aside from that, in adulthood, you just don't have social structures that put you next to potential friends all day.

My answer has been seeking out such places. Choose things you like, and look for a group. Like the outdoors? Join a hiking club. Looking for spiritual growth? Join a religious organizations. Like to be active in your community? Look for a civic group. Once you leave school, you don't make friends unless you put yourself in places to find potential friends. You can find such places with a computer. But the physically going out part is the important stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzle View Post
    If your ever feeling really down and unmotivated try doing something you have been pushing aside for a while. I find that helps me, even if its just some tidying. Anyway, you seem like a very nice person and I hope your okay

Quote Originally Posted by Yagnuf View Post
    BabyGirl, that's why this site is here, to support folks like us. You are never alone. This is a safe place to explore your feelings and emotions and gain input from others who are going through similar things. Tell us a little more of what your feeling and where your head is (other than on top of your neck). Take care and God bless you.
    Talking to people in real life or on the phone is something that is very hard for me. While I'm no longer standing on the edge so to speak, I still feel pretty bad today. I tend to be very shy and anxious around people I don't know very well. I also hold my friends to a pretty high standard. And until recently they've all been doing swimmingly. Its just now, everyone's gone, and I'll be graduating college in May so all those "friends" will be gone. My only other social interaction with a live person is my family, who usually drives me nuts so i tend to avoid them, and my boyfriend, who I'm going through a rough time with.

As for picking a group, that would be something I would love to do. But in order to start I would have to have a friend already with me though, as like a security blanket, holding my hand walking me through it per-say. (not literally). I also can never find anything to do. So I tend to sit in my room and go though sites like this and facebook. Do my homework (graphic design major so its basically all computer stuff). Then when a friend says hey we should hang out, I'm inclined to think that they're just doing it because they feel they should. I also worry a lot about this, for zero known reason.

I know I feel really a lone because of it, then i start to wonder if its my own fault i have no friends. maybe I'm just too psycho? There's so much more to it too. The list really is pretty long, I won't bore you with it.

I just wanted to say thank you so so so so much it means so much to have someone to talk to. Thank you

Yagnuf

I'm happy to hear that you will be graduating soon and also understand how totally lost and alone you might feel once everyone goes their own way. It's like a massive void with nothing to fill it except your own thoughts. Just remember, a stranger is just someone your haven't met yet. So what are your interests? Are there any local groups you might get involved with? Do you have a part time job? Do you participate in any youth groups at church? Are there any volunteer groups you might want to give some time to? How do you feel about animals? Your local SPCA or pound could probably use some help with their animals. I know for me it's so comforting working with dogs, walking them and playing with them and just taking with them. Take a moment, look around, enjoy the friends you have and don't second guess them or their motives. The best way to make friends is to be one. Well that's all I have for now but I sure hope you don't fall into a blue funk, it's no fun at all. Take a risk and talk to someone new today even if it's just Hi at the library, store or school.

Quote Originally Posted by Yagnuf View Post
    I'm happy to hear that you will be graduating soon and also understand how totally lost and alone you might feel once everyone goes their own way. It's like a massive void with nothing to fill it except your own thoughts. Just remember, a stranger is just someone your haven't met yet. So what are your interests? Are there any local groups you might get involved with? Do you have a part time job? Do you participate in any youth groups at church? Are there any volunteer groups you might want to give some time to? How do you feel about animals? Your local SPCA or pound could probably use some help with their animals. I know for me it's so comforting working with dogs, walking them and playing with them and just taking with them. Take a moment, look around, enjoy the friends you have and don't second guess them or their motives. The best way to make friends is to be one. Well that's all I have for now but I sure hope you don't fall into a blue funk, it's no fun at all. Take a risk and talk to someone new today even if it's just Hi at the library, store or school.
    Thank you, so much. Really. It means a lot. Thanks also for support on almost being done with college...I mean it's only an associates but even still. I would like to volunteer somewhere. But since school/internship have to come first, it leaves a total of 3 days for homework..and eventually a job. That would leave almost zero time to volunteer or join a group/club.

It's just hard when I want to do something but things block the way or I find myself unmotivated. Its tough. Thanks for the support guys!!

teddybear206

Quote Originally Posted by DaddysToxxicBabyGirl View Post
    I really wish I had friends. Sometimes internet friends just don't cut it. But I'd be happy with even just a few of those. Real friends though, not ones that pretend.

I'm extremely depressed. I really need someone to talk to. But it's like there's no one there. I feel like i have no where else to turn. So I picked here in a last ditch effort to not do something stupid.

Maybe this is just for attention, maybe it's not. I'm not even sure what I'm hoping to gain from posting this, just some good advice maybe. Advice on how to keep your head above water I guess.

Rereading this I realize its vague. But being in the mood I'm in, I am not exactly thinking rationally, and would rather not say something that would cause others to think ill of me.
    listen if your this depressed DONT do anything stupid like i did, ive treid killing myself as many times as possible and its never i good idea ive been through all this and im only 14 and ive done more things im not proud of then i can count DONT GO DOWN THAT PATH get help. if you EVER need someone to talk to im here.