Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Full mat pull up ?

Default Full mat pull up ?

Are there any adult pull ups that have a full mat like goodnites? Most of the mass market ones only have a mat that barely comes up in the front so us "younger" people shoot over the absorbent part under normal circumstances. Are there any that have the absorbency come up further up the front that you'd recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by iastatedl View Post
    Are there any adult pull ups that have a full mat like goodnites? Most of the mass market ones only have a mat that barely comes up in the front so us "younger" people shoot over the absorbent part under normal circumstances. Are there any that have the absorbency come up further up the front that you'd recommend?
    Tranquility ATN pullups have a full mat, IIRC.

thanks, they still dont look like they come up very far. Why are so many adult pullups lacking in padding? argh!

Quote Originally Posted by iastatedl View Post
    thanks, they still dont look like they come up very far. Why are so many adult pullups lacking in padding? argh!
    Because the companies are cheap. >_>

The first couple of times I had padding I got pull-ups...but then I realized that they were truly shit, so I got the tape up ones. You should check those out some time o.o The pull-ups are easier to put on and stuff...but you might end up using more of them up quickly.

Unless Bambino or ABU comes out with something, your choices for gooddecent quality pullups are pretty much limited to how well you can squeeze yourself into goodnites and/or similar offerings.

Personally, I would love if such a product came out; especially if they were made very much like goodnites where the padding ran the length of the diaper from front to back.

If only the companies could elect or hire someone from our community who could order for full-mat models to be produced and sold in convenience stores and supermarkets. Then, our demands could finally be met in the way that we would like.

there is no substitute for "proper nappies" with terry's and plastic pants being the best if you can get and look after them.

Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    Unless Bambino or ABU comes out with something, your choices for gooddecent quality pullups are pretty much limited to how well you can squeeze yourself into goodnites and/or similar offerings.

Personally, I would love if such a product came out; especially if they were made very much like goodnites where the padding ran the length of the diaper from front to back.
    I just posted not too along ago concerning this issue and what's your scoop on my suggestion? Specifically, I suggest that one of us enters into Kimberley Clark and proposes that a pull-up version of Depends be made where the following feature is to be added: Absorbent and soft mat running full length front to back.

They wouldn't fly with that idea. KCK is too focused on market penetration and the resulting revenue. Though such pull-ups may be a commercial success, the financial success is what the company would really be eying; and if that didn't pan out, "improvements" would therefore be made and the diaper would almost instantly suck once more.

Quality pull-ups are a hard sell to break to any company. I really do wish that Bambino or ABU would come out with such a product. But that is not likely to happen for quite some time. I've heard rumors that good pull-ups are in the works, but it's just that: a rumor; so I'm not going to hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    They wouldn't fly with that idea. KCK is too focused on market penetration and the resulting revenue. Though such pull-ups may be a commercial success, the financial success is what the company would really be eying; and if that didn't pan out, "improvements" would therefore be made and the diaper would almost instantly suck once more.

Quality pull-ups are a hard sell to break to any company. I really do wish that Bambino or ABU would come out with such a product. But that is not likely to happen for quite some time. I've heard rumors that good pull-ups are in the works, but it's just that: a rumor; so I'm not going to hold my breath.
    If we can't get KCK to produce these, then what, as members of our community, can we do to get it on the shelves. If we can do at least something, then let's roll and get on with it. However, it seems that nothing can be done as of now, which is why I'll choose Kroger Nite Pants as my brand; yeah, I haven't worn them yet, but I hope to do so, and soon.