Thread: No Longer Ashamed

Default No Longer Ashamed

I used to be ashamed and even self loafing that I liked to wear diapers. Now I have come to a point where I have excepted it and I don't feel ashamed.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I know exactly how u feel man, I use to dread the whole diaper and baby thing, now I accept it and I like it

The whole thing built up for a long time for me, but one night was a turning point.

Since then, I have been able to love myself for who I am, and I'm only getting stronger as time goes on!

So long as no one else knew, I've never really feel ashamed of myself -- it always seemed simple and uncomplicated (if completely inexplicable) that I liked wearing nappies...

But if I was in danger of anyone else finding out and being disapproving or just not understanding, then I would feel *awful* -- is that "being ashamed" or just "being afraid of judgement"... I dunno...

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't judge myself, but I would feel bad if others judged me...

I think that knowing that there are so many nice, intelligent, kind people on ADISC helps, too...

I have been in complete denial my whole life up until this past year. Now I'm accepting myself and both me and my husband are happier because of it.

You have to do what you have to do. Accepting yourself for who you are sometimes takes time.

Yup. Like others have said, it just took time.

I can't even really recall a time when I felt ashamed...not that I miss it. ^^

I always hated myself after the grand experience was "over". I think after all those years, adisc has helped. I grew up in some tough, poor neighborhoods where you were supposed to be tough. Wearing and wetting diapers didn't fit into that mindset, yet the desire was extremely strong. I was always in conflict when I was younger. Now I just lay back and enjoy every minute of it.

I spent a while thinking that if I just binged for a few days I'd get it out of my system. (Can you tell I'm a parent?) Then I would go through a kind of purge where I wouldn't wear for weeks (never threw anything away, though, good cloth diapers.) At some point I recognized that I wasn't going to grow out of it -) I still don't understand and it still seems wierd, but it sure feels good. And does a lot for my mood.

--Feed your beast, but don't let it eat you.