Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Depends Max Absorbency Becoming Harder To Find?

Question Are Depends Max Absorbency Becoming Harder To Find?

I went to a local grocery store (Frys) and afterwards to a CVS and neither store carried the depends max absorbency with the three tabs. Instead I was seeing a lot of gender oriented Depends products, and the low quality CVS brand products.

Am I looking in all the wrong places or are they becoming harder to find? Maybe they were just out of stock at CVS and the grocery store (Frys) does not carry them at all?

They definately are. They are competing for shelf space with more pull ups and those Depends with tabs things. I have a feeling they will be discontinued or only availble to institutions and medcal suply companies soon.

Wow. It's a sad day when even the best of the crap is hard to find...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    They definately are. They are competing for shelf space with more pull ups and those Depends with tabs things. I have a feeling they will be discontinued or only availble to institutions and medcal suply companies soon.
    Has hit the nail on the head with this. I think these "store" brands are like anything else, trying to keep up with the current trend or at least the market research leading their product. If it seems like they are harder to find, chances are you wont be able to find them soon.

The Walgreens near me had Depend Maximum Protection on clearance the last time I was there (a couple of months ago). Didn't really register with me until now! They were selling the bags of mediums for something like $9.

I honestly think that maybe Depends is re-branding to make Depends more gender specific products, but then again they still advertise their absorbency scale of five dots on the package and the only products I saw were not the "Maximum Absorbency" so why even advertise that scale on the product if the most absorbent on the scale is not available? What is the availability for you guys in stores?

I can find the max absorbency just fine. What I keep not-finding is Walgreens Certaintys in my size. I swear, every walgreens within a ten mile radius of my house seems to have stopped carrying the small-medium size "fitted brief."

Those I miss.

I went to get some the other day and they were nor there, I even went to another store after that to look and there were none there either!

funseeker

The supply is certainly drying up in most drug stores. The demand for a good diaper should be about the same. The tactic is to switch diaper wearers to cloth and the underwear stuff under the store brand. When the stores keep dropping the Depend Maxi off the shelf it will be only a mater of time when KC will stop making this wonderful diaper.

Did they rename the Depends Maximum Protection? I have been buying the Depends with a bright orange label saying just "Protection", which are just a modified diaper-like model. Are these the same thing? If not, where I am I see tons of them still on shelves everywhere.

In the end I guess I could care less about Depends, but I still love buying diapers in stores.. There goes the neighborhood.