Thread: kayakbaby intro

Default kayakbaby intro

Hi everyone. Just posting to say hi. I often read threads from here and decided it was time to join!

Hey Kayakbaby! ^_^ Welcome to ADISC!

Always nice to see another Canadian join the ranks. I have always lived close to the border and visited 'our neighbors to the north' many times! It's always been a great experience! So, far, I've only seen BC and Alberta, but I would love to travel to Quebec and the Maritimes some day.

So, do you kayak? I only ask because I have before, up in the San Juan Islands. It was a wonderful time; I'd love to do it again (and I'm not even that outdoorsy ^^)

We'd enjoy hearing anything else you'd like to share about yourself, be it hobbies, music, movies...whatever you feel like! ^_^

Welcome again and I hope you enjoy your time on here!

Thanks for the warm response. Yeah...Canada. Well, I live on the other side now, but I did grow up out west. As for kayaking, oh yes! Love it. And archery, skiing, extreme MTB, camping and pretty much anything that's a sport or has to do with the outdoors.

Hey ^^

Nice on archery! My dad took me out a few times when I was younger and I loved it! Makes me think I should get back into it! ^^ I live in the middle of nowhere, so I don't have much of an excuse not to, heh. In fact, I should get more outdoorsy. It's likely a travesty to live where I do and be a creature of indoor comforts. It's just all those bugs...*shudders*. Yup, I'm a wimp :P

Anyway, you're in good company. Many on here are huge into the outdoor activities! I'm sure you'll find them in no time!

Welcome to the site kayakbaby. <------ Bland response

How good are you at archery? I have never seen a real bow in real life, but I built a crude one out of a long stick and some rope {it only shot like 15 feet, was not worth the time} Also, don't even get me started on how I got the arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakbaby View Post
    Hi everyone. Just posting to say hi. I often read threads from here and decided it was time to join!
    welcome to the comunity it took me awhile to make an introduction to though mine isint that good

Hey, thanks for all that.

As for archery, yeah, I'm pretty good. I have a compound bow and a recurve. Both are for hunting (hope that doesn't offend). Guess it goes with the outdoorsy theme. It's nice to keep things as natural and earthy as possible.

Hi Kayakbaby!
    Welcome to ADISC!

Just curious, what do you like best about the site?