Thread: bedwetting...

Countryboy95

Default bedwetting...

So for about a a week and a half i have been bedwetting... how do i break the news to the parents?? I know and they know it can happen from one of my benign tumors in my back (i have 4 tumors, 2 in the back, 1 in the chest, & 1 under the tongue ALL are benign [ not cancerous] though, but all are inopperable). So how should i tell the?? Should i tell them when and if i wake up wet tmm??

You might as well tell them. If bedwetting continues they'll find out soon enough. Don't have them find out at the cost of a ruined mattress.

Do you have any history of bedwetting? Does your family have experience with this? Do you have a diaper fetish, and if you do, how is this related to that fetish? For my part, diapers are the least-bad solution to bedwetting and incontinence. First thing is, however, to protect your mattress, and then seek help, even if that includes a medical check-up. Then get some diapers; stay away from drugs, they all have side effects.

I hope your health stays good. Good luck with the tumors, that must suck a lot.

If they already know this could be a side affect then just tell them. It's important that they know this because if it is due to the tumor in your back, it could end up causing other problems and hiding one symptom/side effect isn't a good thing to do.

funseeker

Being honest with yourself and parents usually is the best idea. Sit down with them and have a good talk.

Countryboy95

i talked to them and they were mad i wasnt takin some medicine... plus mad i wasnt telling them it was happening... so idk whaat to make of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Countryboy95 View Post
    i talked to them and they were mad i wasnt takin some medicine... plus mad i wasnt telling them it was happening... so idk whaat to make of it.
    I can understand them being mad about not telling them. Put yourself in their shoes. How would you react if your child had a condition with a known potential side-effect and then didn't tell you when it started showing up? Personally I'd be more concerned if they weren't mad about that

Quote Originally Posted by oreocookie View Post
    I can understand them being mad about not telling them. Put yourself in their shoes. How would you react if your child had a condition with a known potential side-effect and then didn't tell you when it started showing up? Personally I'd be more concerned if they weren't mad about that
    As a parent I have to agree - but perhaps the real issue is the other way round - it's the bed-wetting that's the side effect and my guess is the IP's folks are very anxious about the possibility of something serious causing it. So their reaction is a pretty understandable one of "fear of the unknown" - The things that most parents would worry about would be - is it linked to alcohol intake? - or drugs? - or a serious illness? All of these fears are likely to be unrealistic, but that won't stop them worrying.