Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Newt Gingrich and the moon plan

Question Newt Gingrich and the moon plan

So this is my question to you, mostly to those who live in America or just like a good political conversation, how do you feel about Newt's idea to build a permanent base on the moon by the end of his second term as the president. I know that it is not decided yet but say that he does become president and is reelected. Personally I am not too fond of him as a candidate for president and never found any real interest in him, but that was until now. I will share my opinion later, but I would really like to hear what all of you have to say.

Thank you,
    Jnoto

i think that it's a rather ambitious plan (especially with the current economic situation), but it would definitely be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jnoto View Post
    his second term as the president
    No no no no no

SurfinSeaLion

Well, He's my presidential pick right now. Absolutely not! Obama. I'll take Romney over Obama. But its whoever wins the primary that I'd vote for. The moon plan I dissagree with at the moment, but who knows? Maybe he'll be another Chris Christie?

It's nothing more than a publicity stunt.

i guess noones told him that the moon landing was fake. thatll be awkward when he finds out.

SurfinSeaLion

Quote Originally Posted by redsox View Post
    i guess noones told him that the moon landing was fake. thatll be awkward when he finds out.
    Too bad it was.

Newt represents a new spin on the word, looney! Not only does he want to put something hugely expensive, and probably technologically impossible on a dead junk of rock, but his other statement was to make the moon into a state. Now imagine loony Newt with his finger on the big red button!

As John Stewart said, apparently Newt realized the the Earth was sick, so he's leaving it for another younger planet.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox View Post
    Mythbusters proved it was real. That's good enough for me.
    Mythbusters Moon Landing Hoax 1 HQ - YouTube

To be honest, The whole colony on the moon thing makes me think of the second episode of Futurama.

"We are whalers on the moon! We carry a harpoon. But there are no whales so we tell tall tales, and we sing this whaling tune!"

Newt...Whenever I think of him I laugh to myself.

I dont know what gives him the idea he can beat obama.