Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayhem Bands announced! Anybody going?

Default Mayhem Bands announced! Anybody going?

Today Mayhem Fest bands were officially announced! I'm excited because I might get floor passes too. For those who don't know the line up is (from headliners down)

Slipknot
    Slayer
    Anthrax
    The Devil Wears Prada
    Asking Alexandria
    As I Lay Dying
    Whitechapel
    High On Fire

I know there are at least a few people here who like heavy metal so I wanted to know if anybody is going or wants to go?

What! Why are all of those scene bands on there!?

I never thought those hard core/auto tune bands would be on Mayhem.. Especially with High On Fire, Slipknot, Anthrax, and Slayer.

I went to the Mayhem Fest in 2009 when it was in Mountain View, CA. I'm not really into music that heavy, so I mainly went to see Killswitch Engage and Bullet for my Valentine. Both of them were awesome live! I also got to meet KSE and get autographs

I would LOVE to go this year!!!!!!! that line up looks freaking AMAZING!!!!

Hey Sgbam42 do you mind (if you can) post a link to ticket details or PM please!

Quote Originally Posted by RD80 View Post
    I would LOVE to go this year!!!!!!! that line up looks freaking AMAZING!!!!

Hey Sgbam42 do you mind (if you can) post a link to ticket details or PM please!
    I'm sure you can find the link to get tickets on the Mayhem website. Google is your friend.

1/4 of those bands don't even belong on the list. Slipknot and Asking Alexandria... on the same stage as Slayer and Anthrax? What has this world come to?

Supersam1223

Quote Originally Posted by IantheFox View Post
    1/4 of those bands don't even belong on the list. Slipknot and Asking Alexandria... on the same stage as Slayer and Anthrax? What has this world come to?
    I agree with you on Asking Alexandria, but Slipknot are fucking (sic)! If I could only see one live show before I died it would be them. They're so individual, and talented, and so dedicated to doing what they want to do as opposed to what they're expected to do, or what people want them to do. Not to mention their strength, I mean can you think of any other band that could survive what they have? 9 men, that would be hard enough, but then add on top the death of Paul (R.I.P), and keep going as after all of that. Also look at the Iowa album cycle (if you don't know what I mean watch some videos on it). They're 10 times the band that Anthrax are, ever were or will be. Slayer are a good band, but still don't touch Slipknot.

Maggot 'til I die.

No Canadian dates. Plus High on Fire as an opening band? A tragedy amongst tragedies! I don't mind As I Lay Dying and Devil Wears Prada, but seems like the wrong sort of show for them. Metal is like apples, you gotta get rid of the core. Let them have their own festival or something (warped tour ahoy!). So many good, actual metal bands around but they fill up the bill with trendy stuff. As usual. Which makes sense cause nobody goes to shows anymore anyways. But its sad. But Metal Alliance tour this spring is totally rad, so its okay!

Quote Originally Posted by sgbam42 View Post
    I wanted to know if anybody is going or wants to go?
    I see tickets don't go on sale til 4/6/12, but I plan on hitting up the show @Riverbend (7/24)

Also heard that there is another main stage band yet to be announced, and that its probably Motorhead.