Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Musicals?

Lightbulb Musicals?

Let's see if there's any musical fans around here, yes?

My favourite musical so far is Rent but that does differ alot when other musicals come on board such as Wicked, Oliver, Annie, Avenue Q, AVHPM, We Will Rock You, Blood Brothers, Evita, Sweeny Todd and many other's~

At the moment I'm in love with Evita - She is a Diamond~

are we speaking only of musical theatre, or does this include musical films? because I have quite a few favourite musical films, but I'm not a big fan of theatre.

Both really~
    Considering I'm a fan of both movie and theatre
    And it doesn't really matter :P

The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Joe Shoemaker's version of Phantom Of the Opera, Little Shop Of Horrors, would be some of my top pics for musical movies. As for theater: Figaro, and Pagliacci are good if you like traditional Italian operas. Unless you know Italian or read up on the plays beforehand there's a good chance you won't know whats going on, but the musicianship is so great that its hard not to appreciate it.

I could give a pretty long list, but most of my favorites are Hindi/bengali language films. ill see about putting together a short list.

The last musical that I saw in the theater was Wicked, which I really enjoyed. I also really liked Les MisÚrables. My favorite musical films are Across the Universe and Moulin Rouge.

Oh i forgot all about Les Miserables!
    I've got the book Wicked tis quite good!

But it seems just from everyone's post so far that there#s some musicals I need to take a look at :3

well, i have a few on my list, but i guess my top list would be (in no particular order)

Phantom of the opera
    Rocky horror picture show (i got to see it the very last live show Tim did on stage)
    Fiddler on the roof (you will catch me singing *if i were a rich man* all the time, got to play the part for a summer play too)
    Cats.....well,....guess it depends on my mood

there are more...but the others i have to name off can be argued weather it is or isn't a i will leave my list at that.

Default "Eat Your Fucking Corn-flakes"

Angry Housewives.

Back in the early 1980's, I saw the premier of this musical at the Underground Theater in the Pioneer District of Seattle. I laughed my ass off. Had no idea at the time that this musical play which was only slated for five week run, would end up a weekly event in Seattle for over 7 years; then Off-Broadway and to gain world-wide acclaim.

Entertainment & the Arts | Old Musical Gets A Makeover -- `Angry Housewives' Is Back | Seattle Times Newspaper

Press Release: New Edgecliff Presents Regional Premiere of <i>Angry Housewives</i>

A.M. Collins' and Chad Henry's Angry Housewives.

Angry Housewives is a musical about disgruntled suburban wives who band together to form a punk rock group. The show premiered at the Pioneer Square Theatre in Seattle for what was planned to be a five-week run and ran through most of the 1980s. Funny and feverishly entertaining, this musical puts a satirical twist on 1980s feminism with numbers like Man from Glad and Eat Your F--kin' Cornflakes!

Bored with their everyday lives and kept in insignificance by their boyfriends/husbands, these are four angry women. They try a number of outlets, including makeup parties, but nothing suits until one of them strikes a chord on her guitar and suggests that they form a punk rock group to enter the upcoming talent show at the neighborhood punk club. They form "The Angry Housewives," and change the face of punk forever.

A.M. (Anna Marie) Collins wrote the dialogue and lyrics with additional lyrics and music by Chad Henry. Three different Disney affiliates at one time or another have optioned the script for movie treatments. Henry has been associated with the Denver Center Theatre Company as an actor and in new-play development, and is the author of nearly 20 plays and musicals. But it's Angry Housewives, which he wrote with A.M. Collins in 1983, that tops his list of hits. The production opened Off-Broadway in 1986 and has had a healthy run in regional theater.

Of course I love other musicals (Now I'm really going to show my age) Among my favorites are:

South Pacific
    The Music Man
    Fiddler on the Roof
    Porgy and Bess
    The King and I
    Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
    West Side Story
    My Fair Lady
    Guys and Dolls
    Paint Your Wagon
    A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
    Jesus Christ Superstar
    The Rocky Horror Show
    Little Shop of Horrors

Gayest of all time- IMHO:

More recently:

Beauty and the Beast
    Moulin Rouge
    Billy Elliot
    Last edited by Diapered Rabbit; 25-Jan-2012 at 14:34.