Thread: Nuk Cherry Pop 6/Olive 6?

Question Nuk Cherry Pop 6/Olive 6?

I've looked around this site, and i can't seem to find anything about these two types of pacifiers. The Nuk cherry and olive teats. I own a Nuk5, but was considering the other two teats. Does anyone have any reviews/opinions on these?

guardsize (reference, these have examples of the pacifiers I'm talking about)

crazykittensmile

The adult sized cherry and olive teats are not Nuk teats. The true Nuk Medic Pro (often called Nuk 5) teats are made by the German company Nuk, who make pacifier, bottles and other baby products and make an adult sized pacifier for therapeutic purposes. Modified pacifiers made with genuine Nuk teats usually come with the instruction pamphlet and box. I believe the other adult teats sold on Pacifiers R Us sold without box or instructions are not made by Nuk and I assume Pacifiers R Us have commissioned their production themselves. Unfortunately I cannot give you any more information than that as I haven't ever tried them, but hopefully someone can help

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    The adult sized cherry and olive teats are not Nuk teats. The true Nuk Medic Pro (often called Nuk 5) teats are made by the German company Nuk, who make pacifier, bottles and other baby products and make an adult sized pacifier for therapeutic purposes. Modified pacifiers made with genuine Nuk teats usually come with the instruction pamphlet and box. I believe the other adult teats sold on Pacifiers R Us sold without box or instructions are not made by Nuk and I assume Pacifiers R Us have commissioned their production themselves. Unfortunately I cannot give you any more information than that as I haven't ever tried them, but hopefully someone can help
    oooh, I had no idea. I guess I just assumed they were made by Nuk. I did read that they aren't orthodontic or therapeutic, but after that fact, i was just wondering how people liked them. So thanks!

I have a pink cherry pop with the leash, my nuk 5 wasn't big enough for my mouth so I decided to try a cherry pop, an it fits perfect for me, the guard could be a bit bigger but otherwise fits great and I use nearly exclusively now after a year of ownership and I am realty happy with it if you couldn't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by asayuu View Post
    I have a pink cherry pop with the leash, my nuk 5 wasn't big enough for my mouth so I decided to try a cherry pop, an it fits perfect for me, the guard could be a bit bigger but otherwise fits great and I use nearly exclusively now after a year of ownership and I am realty happy with it if you couldn't tell.
    Thats great =] Thanks! Does it ever hurt your teeth (asking because it says its not orthopedic)? And how is different than the Nuk5, is it just longer and/or fatter?

I own 6 Nuk 5's, a NUK 5 bottle (nipple) and a cherry pop. The cherry pop definately fills my mouth like a pacifier, feels great, but is to large to sleep with.

^ with Layne, I actually use mine therapeutically as it keeps me from grinding at night, the bigger teat is about 75% the size of a golfball, and fills your mouth comfortably, once you brake it in which takes about a week. Plus for me it has the added benefit of messaging my anterior gums which relieves a lot of pain in my facial muscles. This also means I would have a good excuse to use it in public, but I don't though as far as my family is concerned it is a medical device so I can use it around the house when ever I want.
    Anyway I am sure you will love it, plus they send it with a decent vintage style disposable in your size in plain brown packing, last I got a vintage cushie with mine. Der Nucki also makes some great textured ones but they hard to get imported for some reason anyway I will probably pick up a few different ones when I am in Germany for a few weeks this summer.
    Back to the topic the cherry pop is longer to meaning it sits in the correct position in the mouth and you can really form a good seal and suckle like a true baby, so I whole heartedly recommend it.

Would live to know more about the textured ones, as I too use them for relief from bruxism. I use them daily and sleep all night with mine, else my teeth, jaws and face are incredible pain in the morning.

Well that's cool. Makes me want one even more now. You both said you use them to treat things. How do you think it would effect me, not having those things. More specifically do you think it would effect my teeth, making them move or shift at all?