Thread: Horror Movie - Saw

Cool Horror Movie - Saw

Well I'm just want to see if there are any other 'Saw' fans on this board as such :P

If your a fan of Saw who would you say is your favourite character? Also what would you change about the series as a whole?

I've only recently gotten into Saw - Only seen Saw 6, 1 and 2. Along with the first part of 3.

Read the rest on wiki as to what happened~
    I find the plot quite brilliant :P

Saying that my favourite character so far is Allyson Kerry the female police officer even though she does go at the start of Saw 3.

Certain aspects I would change is that Jill Tuck would come into it earlier along with Peter and Perez through Kerry contacting them.

I would also make the irony between Matthews and John 'Jigsaw' more prominent through the second film.

I like the first saw movie, but the 2nd is where it started to go downhill, the first one doesn't have really much if any gore either. The more the movies go on, the more gore there is though and by that, the movie seriously loses it's message that john/jigsaw was trying to make.

Everyone that proceeds on without him are just a bunch of idiots. For example, amanda escapes with her life. But what does she do? She kills people with no chance for them to escape the traps she puts them into, with the exact opposite intentions as jigsaw/john.

ejh7070

I liked them all though I think the last one did not do justice to the other films and the 3d effects sucked. I liked john jigsaw.

June

I absolutely could not stand the Saw movies. They are not scary at all. A horror film is supposed to be scary; the Saw films were not. They lacked suspense and atmosphere and based themselves around 'how gory can we possibly be?'.

I'm not saying they are bad movies; I am saying I thought they were not scary and that I do not enjoy clenching at pain every scene.

First one was ok, although the twist was pretty damn obvious (and in retrospect, completely pointless as I recall). I'll agree that it lacked any real horror elements. It came across as a higher class version of those old campy gore flicks.

After that, yeah, went way down hill. Any attempt at a message was long gone, and it just became a gore contest as June said.

If you get a chance, you really need to try and sit down and try to watch them all in one sitting. They really are a continuous movie. They weren't really my favorite movies, since they were more gore than scary. I'm a big fan of horror movies. But I think of the Saw movies as more, of just a "gore movie".

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    I absolutely could not stand the Saw movies. They are not scary at all. A horror film is supposed to be scary; the Saw films were not. They lacked suspense and atmosphere and based themselves around 'how gory can we possibly be?'.

I'm not saying they are bad movies; I am saying I thought they were not scary and that I do not enjoy clenching at pain every scene.
    the first saw movie was a marketed as thriller I think with elemets of horror. Anyways horror movies are now comedies, so I don't really see your point. It's practically a dead genre.