Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapers for Bedwetting

Question Diapers for Bedwetting

I've been wetting the bed since late early last month and in that time I've worn all types of diapers. I started with Depends (They where nearly worthless) than ordered a sampler pack from ABU. Some of them worked better than others but I was still waking up in a wet bed. I think it's because I have a tendency to toss and turn and usually end up on my side or stomach.

So here is my question? Should I try buying a few thick cloth diapers that would catch the side leaks? I can afford a few pairs, but I can't pay the high cost for good disposables for very long. Help please!

I'm not sure about cloth diapers, but if you're in need of a cheaply priced disposable yet one that actually works well, I would go with Tranquility ATN's. The tapes are kind of bad in the sense that you really only get one shot to get the tape on right. If you mess up you'll be having to bring out the duct tape. Other than that though, I find that they work well for their price. Best of luck to you!

BabyJayk

Quote Originally Posted by Cody1621 View Post
    I've been wetting the bed since late early last month and in that time I've worn all types of diapers. I started with Depends (They where nearly worthless) than ordered a sampler pack from ABU. Some of them worked better than others but I was still waking up in a wet bed. I think it's because I have a tendency to toss and turn and usually end up on my side or stomach.

So here is my question? Should I try buying a few thick cloth diapers that would catch the side leaks? I can afford a few pairs, but I can't pay the high cost for good disposables for very long. Help please!
    I use Dry 24/7's to manage mine. But when cash is low and my diaper count is as well. I buy a bag of certainty from walgreens and I double or even triple them by cutting slits in them. As long as you put them on just right they work fairly well.

Appreciate the advice!
    Another similar question than. What do I do about rolling onto my side at night. The absorbancey needs to be good, but it's worthless if I roll over. It's really frustrating.

Cloth might do you well, but I've unfortunately never tried them. In theory they should absorb from the sides fine because the absorption is well... everywhere!

All diapers leak, or have, in my experience. I'm using Dry 24/7 now, and they haven't leaked...yet. I used cloth diapers, too, and they leaked more than good quality disposables. My solution is to wear a terrycloth-lined plastic pant over my diapers. I use Babykins brand, preferring the vinyl-coated polyester pant over the plain vinyl for durability and strength. Never, ever, has a diaper leak gone beyond that plastic pant. I have peace of mind and security. That's worth the price and bother.

When the diaper does not leak, I use the same plastic pant the next night. No need to change that pant if it's not been wet.

Thank you PFD! That is exacetly the kind of solution I was looking for! Thank you lilemmy as well! I love ADISC.

funseeker

Cloth diapers work the best if you can manage the washing and smell in the diaper pail. In the long run cloth diapers with many different kinds abailable are your best investment When you get enough cash the toss away diaper is much easier to have available. The cloth diapers just do more wear out for me.

I use very high capacity disposable diapers every night. I wet more than once during the night and have had no leakage even though I mainly sleep on my side. I think it is a matter of find what is right for you, different body shapes and sizes as well as different flow rates will make some products better matched for you than others. Regardless of what you pick a wet diaper is always better than a bed.

Hi Cody, seems like you received some great advice here already. Just wanted to ensure that you are "pointing down" in your diapers for bedtime. I tend to experience most leaks in bed when not following that golden rule.

I would tend to second the suggestion of cloth-lined plastic pants over a good quality disposable.

All the best
    Andrew