Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm baaaaaa-aaaaaack. Hello from SE England, twinned with Insanitania

Thumbs up I'm baaaaaa-aaaaaack. Hello from SE England, twinned with Insanitania

Ello everyone. I'm sure you've all forgotten me (or never knew me) as it's been a year or so since I've been around - and there are so many new faces too, so I thought I'd better re-introduce myself...

The main reason I stopped coming here was because... well... I dunno... my brain just stopped working. I lost my job (through insanely stressful circumstances), my mum was diagnosed with cancer, and I was looking after her till she died. I had severe depression years ago and know that I have to avoid that again at ANY cost, so I just disengaged my brain.

My dad also died from cancer a while ago, so I'm living in an empty family house in the middle of nowhere by myself. I still don't think my brain is working properly, so I'm not sure how much sense you'll get out of me. Thribble.

Anyway, I don't want to dwell on the insanity of existence -- just thought you all deserved an explanation if I'm going to pop my head back in as if nothing ever happened. Shit happens and, well, what can you do, eh?

(*whistles the tune to "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"*)

Hmmm... isn't music great? If you're feeling crappy, even music with morbid lyrics can really cheer you up. The value of artistic talent and aesthetics is really underestimated in society... I've just discovered the album "Distraction Pieces" by Scroobius Pip and there are some great tracks on it. Any one else like that sort of stuff? If you have Spotify, you can listen to it here: Distraction Pieces by Scroobius Pip on Spotify

"When in hell a hiding place can seem grace and free from pain,
    But umbrellas keep sunshine out as well as rain."

Anyway, I'm rambling on and writing nonsense already so I'll just say a big "HELLO AGAINS AND HUGGLES TO ALL!"

Welcome back. Not sure i know you but im also from SE England and I love your Avatar btw ^^

Hey thanks, LittleNaruto. That's a pretty cool avatar you have too!

Just seen from your profile that you like Linux - what distro are you running? I'm a massive fan of Arch Linux - it's great for OTT control freaks like me that want to configure every little detail of the OS manually!

Hehe thanks. I might change this avatar soon though. i amm running Debiian, ive loved it for years. I switched to Debian after Ubuntu became too much like Windows.

Hi, tiny. Welcome back. I am sorry for the hardships and pain you have had to deal with recently, but you seem to have a wonderful outlook on life, in general. I hope everything falls into place for you, and that you find yourself wallowing in happiness. Take care, and again, welcome back.

Hey fifigal, thanks for your warm welcome! I'm not entirely sure I have the best outlook on life... I think I've seen enough of it that I just don't care any more.

So much heaven, so much hell, so much love, so much pain,
    So much more than I thought this world could ever contain.
    So much war, so much soul. One man's loss, one man's goal.
    So much more than I thought this world could ever hold.

We're just children; we're just dust. We are small and we are lost. And we're nothing, nothing at all.

But I wouldn't want to project such nihilism on to anyone else...

Forget about your scene, give the audience a grin;
    Enjoy it -- it's your last chance anyhow.

Thank god for trance-inducing rhythm and silly dancing and cuddles and pizza and blowing raspberries at anything that makes any sense...

First quote - "Bombs" by Faithless
    Second quote - "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" by Monty Python

Last edited by tiny; 23-Jan-2012 at 15:22. Reason: Added pretty colours to the text :-)

Hi, Tiny! I don't know you but I still want to say 'welcome back'!

Hey Talula - great to see your still around! Congrats on your "helper" status -- and wow --- your rep level's gone through the roof! You've been busy, then!