Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excuses for a package arriving?

Default Excuses for a package arriving?

In my other forum post I said I bought diapers.

But, there going to be here on friday. I have no idea what to tell my parents what the package is. I was thinking I could say I bought a cable for my computer, but the package is too big for that. I need ideas

New computer case?
    Be ready to whip out the dremel and a can of spraypaint to mod your existing case though...

If its just like one pack you could probably get away with saying its books. If its a case you may have to say its a gift for one of them, then go buy them a cheap lampshade. Honestly most peoples parents would end up finding the packages contents through nosiness; you are either quite sure this wont happen or very ballsy.

If a package like that came, I would lay in wait of the delivery man and snatch it right up. Then I would take it in my car, rip off the delivery label, take the box to recycling, put the diapers in my back pack, and then waltz in naturally.

I know I assumed that you can drive.. but i still hope this is some help to you.

Act surprised by the package, open it in front of your parents, and then shamefully declare that you've been pranked when you pull out a bag of diapers. When your parents ask who you think would have sent you diapers, pause for a long time, then stand up abruptly and say, "Son of a bitch!" Grab the diapers, run out the door, hop in your car, and zoom off--if you have a car. Or say, "I have no idea," and then ask your parents what they think you should do with a huge bag of diapers. When they say something to the effect of "donate them," volunteer to "take care of that."

I don't know.

Honestly, best bet for the future is to ship to the UPS Store or some other place and just pick them up from there when they arrive. Works great, and the UPS Store doesn't even require you to have a mailbox there. You just tell them it's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Act surprised by the package, open it in front of your parents, and then shamefully declare that you've been pranked when you pull out a bag of diapers. When your parents ask who you think would have sent you diapers, pause for a long time, then stand up abruptly and say, "Son of a bitch!" Grab the diapers, run out the door, hop in your car, and zoom off--if you have a car. Or say, "I have no idea," and then ask your parents what they think you should do with a huge bag of diapers. When they say something to the effect of "donate them," volunteer to "take care of that."

I don't know.

Honestly, best bet for the future is to ship to the UPS Store or some other place and just pick them up from there when they arrive. Works great, and the UPS Store doesn't even require you to have a mailbox there. You just tell them it's coming.
    Lol

My mom gets home from work at 6 on friday, and I get off 2 hours early from school at 12. The postman will normally come around 3ish. However, sometimes the postman will deliver to my moms work. I'm hoping since the package is labeled for me that the postman will deliver it to my house. If not I want to hint that it's something non-suspicious. I have never ordered a package for myself without my mom knowing, and I think I have an idea how she will react, but this has never happened before so wish me luck. I'm also going to order another one tomorrow to come during the weekend, I might as well get a stash going all at once.

A side note, how long do you think 28 diapers will last? I'll be using 1~2 a week and then factor in purges. Maybe 24 weeks?

Edit: If it wasn't clear up there, I'm just going to mention it my mother so if she doesn't see it she won't ask and if she see's it she will assume it's a cable or programming books. Thanks for some help guys, this is why this forum is awesome.

You could say it was a bunch of old comic books you bought on Ebay. They would be bulky, take up some weight, and be uninteresting to a parent, I hope. Good luck.

pamperchu

A new blanket for your bed

I told my parents that I had computer parts like two 200mm fans and some wire coming. And if they ask why the box is so big tell them that they put all of the other smaller boxes in this one box. Amazon usually does this by the way.