Thread: Onesies seem to becoming the height of fashion!

Default Onesies seem to becoming the height of fashion!

I have noticed recently that there has been a massive upsurge in the number of people in the UK (including celebs like Robbie Williams, Rhiana and Justin Bieber) who are choosing to wear onesies when out in public as a fashion item, opting for comfort rather than looks!

Some of the most fashionable ones are even selling for around the 140 mark from OnePiece of Norway

It has also come up on a number of TV shows recently such as the BBC news and the wright stuff

What I'm interested in is within this community would you feel comfortable wearing one out and about now it is becoming more of a socially acceptable thing to do of would the extra meaning that this sort of item of clothing has for us prevent you from doing so?

Also has anyone got any idea where this trend started? I think it might have been something to do with the X-Factor and the group One Direction

Personally I'm not sure i could bring my self to wear one in town but around the flat wouldn't be a problem! Would love to have one though, especially if it becomes socially acceptable!

I don't know why people keep referring to these as onesies.

No idea how the trend got started, but my brother asked for one for Christmas, and mym om asked me if I wanted one. We both got them, and now she's ordering one for another one of my brothers and one for my dad.

I wouldn't wear it outside, but that's because I consider them pajamas, and wouldn't wear pajamas outside.

i wear onsies and leotards most of the time. if you are weaeing pants orjeans no one can tell it just looks like you touced in your shirt or tee shirt. i usualy wear the onsies that look like a polo shirt to work.

Quote Originally Posted by THUMPERKATYLYNN View Post
    i wear onsies and leotards most of the time. if you are weaeing pants orjeans no one can tell it just looks like you touced in your shirt or tee shirt. i usualy wear the onsies that look like a polo shirt to work.
    I think you misinterpreted what he was talking about. Although he said onesies (as did the linked article), he was referring to footed sleepers (or footed pajamas, as they seem to be sold as for adults).

As an interesting aside onesie is actually a name-brand, and they're properly called "body suits". It's similar to how "kleenex" is used in place of tissue, or "Q-Tips" in place of cotton swabs.

People in the UK generally call footed pj's onesies for some reason. I've noticed that they are worn quite a bit on student nights out, especially the monkey / tiger ones from Primark. Inevitably this gave me the perfect opportunity to try out mine in public a few times, but because all my mates were drunk and wearing onesies as well, I didn't feel that weird. It was a good laugh if anything!

But would I wear one outside during the day by myself? Er... no!

sorry i feel dumb now. on the other hand i do own a lot of footed pajamas that i wear when in lounging or quick trip to the convienance store.

I just got a new space themed footed pajamas and when wearing them around my roommates relatively soon after I changed into my jammies when the couch opened up I stretched out and put my hood up. one of them commented "you look more comfortable than I have ever been in my whole life." he is so jealous of them I know it.