Thread: Dry 24/7 Diapers in the UK

Lightbulb Dry 24/7 Diapers in the UK

Hello,

I've been looking into buying Dry 24/7 diapers in the UK. Unfortunately it seems the only option is to import them from the USA.

If you order a sample pack of 2 it works out at about 7.71 each! By ordering a whole case of 72 then price comes down to 3.38 each. No doubt there are further savings to be made depending on how large the order was.

Has anyone else imported these into the UK?

If there is enough interest then I'm considering making an order for anyone who wants to order some, so that we can make the best savings on shipping.

If anyone is interested or has any information please reply or send a PM. If anyone is already ordering these into the UK I'd be intrested to hear from you.

Thank you.

Gosh that's expensive, think I shall give them a miss!

Good thinking though, but I reckon you would need around 10,000 before the cost is reasonable

I had thought there might be a little bit of interest!

I've found Abena's disappointing lately. They seem to get soggy really quick and not have much maximum capacity. That combined with the threat of them changing the backing has me looking for something better.

With all the fuss about the Dry 24/7 diapers I'm pretty keen to try them. Most likely I'll order a case and put some of them on them on eBay to see if anyone else is interested. I think they might work out a bit less costly than I originally thought.

Quote Originally Posted by badger50 View Post
    I've found Abena's disappointing lately. They seem to get soggy really quick and not have much maximum capacity. That combined with the threat of them changing the backing has me looking for something better.
    That isn't the first time i've heard that...

I'll be investigating tomorrow, as i have 2 cases of M4's arriving...

My opinion of the Dry24/7's. They are good, but they aren't great either. I'll give you a quick run down:

Pros:
    Most absorbent diaper I've ever tried. Probably +50% capacity over an M4.
    Very nice plastic.
    Good shape of padding and back sheet.

Cons:
    The tapes are bad, bad, bad.... too small, and not as strong as Abena and Wellness. For a diaper this size, that is a critical flaw.
    Not as comfortable as Abena and Molicare.
    The front padding tends to break up a bit.

So, yea, they're not perfect, but not bad either. Are they worth more than 2 or 3 dollars, American per diaper? To me, no. But as i understand it from CGH, you have much more limited options in the UK, so maybe it is coming down to that?

Thanks AbenaLeaf for your opinion of the Dry 24/7's, it's interesting to hear how people find them in actual use.

It is getting harder to find good diapers over here. Abena's seem to have gone down hill in my opinion, I had some delta form m3's which actually seemed thicker and more absorbent than the AbriForm M4's.

I like the Tena Slip Maxi's, they feel good when wet and dont go 'soggy'. They don't hold as much as the bigger diapers but feel better. I understand your Tena's are very different?

I tried bambino but was disappointed, didn't seem to work for me.

It's a shame really because my memory of Abena's from about 8 years ago is that they were incredible.