Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i dont understand

SmokyQuartz

Question i dont understand

you guys keep on saying certain type of music is bad, has no imagination, or wathever
    you are all wrong
    wrong wrong wrong
    you see things like closed minded people and here closed minded isnt welcome
    its not about the effort the creator could have took 5 min to make it it doesnt matter
    ITS ABOUT IF YOU LIKE OR NOT
    if you dont like a song, you dont like it, its not becuase the creator didnt use a guitar drum bass to make it
    its becuase you dont like it
    thats it, thats all
    now help me understand if im wrong
    thanks
    PS if it sound agresive, its not, i mean kind of but dont take it like an atack, just help me understand why you think some music doesnt deserve to be listened and only retards should listen to it just becuase YOU dont like it

Supersam1223

To me, music is the sort of thing that an artist should have poured their feelings, and experiences into. If a song is about money, cars, or some other material good, then it doesn't have any feeling in it. You can feel the emotion in the songs that I listen to just by hearing the tone of the vocal, you don't even need to listen to the lyrics, you can feel the anger, the pain, the sorrow, the happiness or whatever other emotion it may be.

A song is a lifetime of work, and a lot of mainstream music is not. A song should be about your experiences, opinions, and ideals, not how many girls you fucked last week, or how big your car is. It is learning an instrument over a period of a lifetime, and honing the skill to be able to create a work of art.

A song is like a painting. It is your feelings, channeled into a work of art, it isn't just a pretty picture of whatever everyone's talking about this week, to be dismissed the next and for a new one to take it's place. A good song is timeless, just like a good painting.

So it's not just about whether you like it or not. A lot of song are unoriginal and unimaginative. Music is not just a sound, it is an experience and a lifestyle.

This is all my opinion, none of it is fact, some of you may agree or disagree with it, that is no issue to me, but don't insult me for who I am.

SmokyQuartz

i dont agree, i really think music is music
    if you enjoy a certain music, then good
    i like all kind of music from skrillex( no lyric) to some songs with nice lyrics
    look, "If a song is about money, cars, or some other material good, then it doesn't have any feeling in it."
    THIS part of wrong
    theres no 'feeling' to be theres only business
    its all about cash and maybe some feelings if it make more sellings
    if you like musics with feelings, then its a type of music, others are nto music that doesnt have feeling, theyre just another type

Supersam1223

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyQuartz View Post
    i dont agree, i really think music is music
    if you enjoy a certain music, then good
    i like all kind of music from skrillex( no lyric) to some songs with nice lyrics
    look, "If a song is about money, cars, or some other material good, then it doesn't have any feeling in it."
    THIS part of wrong
    theres no 'feeling' to be theres only business
    its all about cash and maybe some feelings if it make more sellings
    if you like musics with feelings, then its a type of music, others are nto music that doesnt have feeling, theyre just another type
    Don't call my opinions wrong, I had the common courtesy to respect yours. I am fine with, and respect the fact that your opinion differs from mine, but don't call my opinions wrong.

I don't like dubstep because it makes my emotions hurt.
    When I listen to the wavy sound it just... gives me this terrible feeling. I'm not sure how to describe it but I just can not listen to it.
    I also won't like certain music because of what the lyrics are about. For instance, Lady Gaga has talent, she makes decent songs, but her lyrics bother me. It's the same with most kind of rap or people who just sing about being sexy or some strange gimmick, it just sounds so forced.

Anyone can like whatever music they like. If listening to a certain type of music makes you happy and gives you enjoyment, whether it's Beethoven's 9th Symphony, or the sound of a person banging his head against a wall, is up to you. The enjoyment of music is a subjective experience.

For me though, I accept that everyone has their own taste, but I don't believe it's wrong to judge different types of music, artists or songs. I think music is a form of art, like any other art form, such as painting or literature.

You might think that giving a monkey a paintbrush and letting him paint randomly on a canvas might produce the most beautiful works of art you have ever scene, in your subjective opinion. But objectively you will never convince me that it is as good or as beautiful as, for example, the Mona Lisa. A person might enjoy children's books more than they would a work like Pride and Prejudice or A tale of two cities, but you will never be able to convince that a book on Peppa Pig, is as relevant or as good as one of Shakespeare's plays.

The same can be said for music in my opinion...listen to what you want and whatever makes you happy. I don't like all types of music, and there are types of music or genres that i don't like, but I can still recognise their beauty, complexity and artistry. This can not be said for all types of music though. the mere fact that someone likes music, does not make it artistic or beautiful in an objective sense. Just as you might call throwing two rocks on the ground a beautiful sculpture, I'd argue that while you are happy to enjoy it, it's not. In that same vein, while you might love collections of sounds like dubstep, or house etc, you will never convince me that it's good or beautiful music.

SmokyQuartz

Quote Originally Posted by Coodie View Post
    Anyone can like whatever music they like. If listening to a certain type of music makes you happy and gives you enjoyment, whether it's Beethoven's 9th Symphony, or the sound of a person banging his head against a wall, is up to you.
    I LOVE
    a person banging his gead agaisnt a wall
    you got the words, really
    thanks for posting on my thread

Man as one of my friends said (well technically a coworker but watevs), Good music is in the ear of the listener, i.e. people will differ and there is no "good music" or "bad music" for a group of people. Much like beauty, you can have general trends, but you cannot have definite rules about it as humans differ.

BTW: Im my humble opinion Skrillex is pretty sick

you guys keep on saying certain type of music is bad, has no imagination, or wathever
    you are all wrong
    wrong wrong wrong
    They aren't wrong, it's their opinion. While that doesn't make it fact it means that we do have the right to say certain music is bad and we'll all have our reasons as to why we think a certain song or genre is bad, even if it does seem like we all hate dubstep it doesn't mean you can't enjoy it but at the same time doesn't mean you can turn around and say that we are all wrong because while we are not wrong neither are we right and the same goes for you.

You just need to grow up and realise that not everyone feels the same way about music (or anything) as you do.

you see things like closed minded people and here closed minded isnt welcome
    Public forum and we can say what we like about music, you opened the thread and you get no say in what opinions we can or cannot express even if you don't like what you read.

cookiemonsterbaby76

every genration went through this