Thread: Planning First Diaper Run

Default Planning First Diaper Run

I don't know what diaper I should use, suggestions people? I also think that they might not have my size? I plan to go to a local drugstore. i did some research and saw some tena pads in the store I'm assuming theres more variety because i couldn't see all the diapers.

Overall i think i need to do more research.

what do you guys think?

Hello! I see you are from the same city as me I get mine from shoppers drug mart and I usually get the depends Max protection(most places should have it). I went through a few different kinds of diapers before that and I find they are the best that I know of. It would be helpfull to know your waistsize. Some smaller people are fine with larger baby dipaers/pull ups.
    Its hard your first time not knowing what your getting, I panicked and just grabbed a random pair of depends that weren't very good :/. But knowing what you want is good cuz you find it, buy it, then get out as fast as possible and then it gets easier over time.

Thanks for the info! Time isn't a problem right now ( my dad is away for a month ). I'm going to use the store near sir james Douglas elementary school just to let u know

same city, small world.

Yagnuf

Does your store have self checkout stands? If it does you can use it. Just make sure you know how to use it first.

It's very tricky to find diapers in a general grocery store. They typically carry the underwear or the pads. Your best bet is definitely a drug store. A couple things that can make it easier:

1: Go as early in the morning as possible.
    2: When you purchase the Depends, or whatever brand it is, don't say anything about the purchase itself. However, you are within your rights to ask for an extra bag to obscure the packaging and the cashier shouldn't mind doing that.

Get Tena, they hold twice as much as Depend. Unless you prefer plastic backed over cloth. I buy diapers from Shoppers all the time. Late at night is also a good time. Plus there might be a 24h shoppers close enough to you.

Bring your own reusable bags in, they conceal really well. I have a big Vancouver Canucks one that I bring in everytime I go in to buy.. well worth the 99 cents =D

---------- Post added at 02:53 ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dirggle View Post
    Get Tena, they hold twice as much as Depend. Unless you prefer plastic backed over cloth. I buy diapers from Shoppers all the time. Late at night is also a good time. Plus there might be a 24h shoppers close enough to you.
    I also wanted to add in, you should put it in the bag while you walk up to the register, less of a work up.. just lay it down and let them scan it, and put it back in the bag.. no one will ever know!