Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else hear Deer Hunt?

Default Anyone else hear Deer Hunt?

Hey I was just wondering if anyone else here was into out door activities and hunting.

I shot my first deer this year, that was a good day and I did it while padded

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    I shot my first deer this year, that was a good day and I did it while padded
    Congrats man. Personally I do most of my hunting at my uncle's ranch in west Texas. I've now finnaly cleared out enough management deer out there to merit shooting an old buck next year.

I play Duck Hunt sometimes. Does that count? Besides that, the only thing I hunt is the occasional wild tofu-stag.

I walk around the woods with a gun fairly often.

Cherub

I got my first deer at 11 years old,,,on Friday the 13th none the less, LOL. However, I no longer hunt at all.

I've always wanted to take up hunting. But I know nothing of the sport, and have no means to keep a gun. Apartments tend to frown on firearms if they aren't outright disallowed.

Never have gone hunting and probably never will to be honest. I'm personally against hunting unless its for food.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyTommy View Post
    Hey I was just wondering if anyone else here was into out door activities and hunting.
    Indeed. I go deer hunting every November in Missouri. Why so far away? Well, the hunting 'nucleus' of my family lives there, and let's face it: Half the fun of hunting is the not-hunting part. Unfortunately, shipping large coolers of venison back to Washington does increase the price/lb quite a bit!

I did not get my deer this year, however. Better luck next year!

I used to hunt ducks and geese every fall/winter in western Washington, but a long string of fairly warm winters (which delayed the ducks' southward migration) caused me to lose my concentration. I should probably get back into that, but other hobbies have taken over.