Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Don LaFontaine

Default R.I.P. Don LaFontaine

Well, today, the movie voice guy weve all heard, sadly died today. Youve all heard him, just watch the link.

YouTube - Voice Over by Don LaFontaine

So, yea... A sad day for movie trailors.

Yeah, just heard about that a few hours ago. Bummer! He seems like he was a pretty cool guy and movie trailers certainly won't be the same without him.

Have there actually been any movie trailers with him talking anytime recently? I don't remember hearing any with him anytime recently

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    LaFontaine was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California with a blood clot in his lungs on August 22, 2008, and was reported as being in critical condition the following Tuesday. His family made a public appeal on the site.[7] LaFontaine died September 1, 2008 following complications from pneumothorax
    Omg, I can't believe it
    Movie trailers will never be the same.....

and the last bit i saw him in was a geico commercial...
    all the new movie trailer voice overs suck nowadays. he was the best.
    next thing you'll know is that motormouth will have a heart attack or james lipton will die of brain cancer! what is this world coming to?

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    and the last bit i saw him in was a geico commercial...
    I think that's the only time I actually saw him, in the GEICO commercial. Excellent voice talent! He'll certainly be missed...

Wow, that's a shame. He had such a cool voice. Sorry to see him go.

Awww... That guy was cool, it was a standard to hear that voice, and it was just perfect for it. Now that I've heard him, nothing will ever come close probably. Well, may he rest in peace, he shall be missed.