Thread: Rubber Sheet

funseeker

Default Rubber Sheet

You can hear my vinyl sheet crinkling under the flannel sheet. Would a rubber sheet be better? I'm thinking it would also last longer.
    Should I be looking for latex rubber to have it more quiet?

I got one a couple of years ago that was a VERY comfortable cloth like material, it cost about $40 for a twin bed size, feels like a pillow top, and I have wet it many times, soaked several, and it has NEVER leaked into the matress. above all, whilst sleeping on it, I've never had that moisture retention issue (sweat) that I always seem to get while sleeping on vinyl or latex. I usually let the minor leaks dry, for the major flooding, I toss it in the wash cold. and it makes NO NOISE. my mom, while working as head of housekeeping in a local hotel, invested quite a bit to cover ALL the beds in the hotel with em, and no one has noticed yet. saved a bunch on matress replacement

I absolutely love my mattress protector; its medium weight plastic which you slip the mattress into and zip closed. When I get into bed/ move around, you can hear the crinkle/crackle...so peaceful!

The nicest ones I've seen are made by a company called Protect-A-Bed. They have a vinyl backing and terry cloth cover so they're waterproof yet quiet and absorbant. Also, they are all fitted and come in all different sizes.

I have the same mattress type pad with plastic undercoating. It works quite well and is completely quiet. I got ours at Target.

I use a vinyl one. Don't know how much it costed, I found it in my house! But i've never had a problem.

Euroflex works well, its soft and warm to touch, slightly stretchy, hosptial grade Polyurathane - long lasting etc. It is non absorbant so you would need something to assist in absorbing a puddle created. I like the material and may suit you

Quote Originally Posted by bebehuey View Post
    I got one a couple of years ago that was a VERY comfortable cloth like material, it cost about $40 for a twin bed size, feels like a pillow top, and I have wet it many times, soaked several, and it has NEVER leaked into the matress. above all, whilst sleeping on it, I've never had that moisture retention issue (sweat) that I always seem to get while sleeping on vinyl or latex. I usually let the minor leaks dry, for the major flooding, I toss it in the wash cold. and it makes NO NOISE. my mom, while working as head of housekeeping in a local hotel, invested quite a bit to cover ALL the beds in the hotel with em, and no one has noticed yet. saved a bunch on matress replacement
    I have one of these as well and they are very comfortable. You can get a mattress topper and a water proof sheet all in one! I got mine at Target, and it was a great investment.
    Waterproof Mattress Pad : Target