Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coffee

June

Default Coffee

I absolutely love coffee. It's one of those beverages I had to learn to like, but now I start almost every day with a cup of coffee. I don't particularly like the British coffee my dad brews every morning, so I stop by Chick-Fil-A every morning on my way to the career center and grab a medium, black coffee. Let me just say the best fast-food coffee I've had goes to Chick-Fil-A. It's rich, flavorful, and is some of the best coffee I have ever had.

As for espressos and what not, the only espresso I'll drink is the occasional Americano. Never really been big on them.

So does anybody else love coffee? What is your favorite brew, how do you like it, and what is your favorite place to get coffee from on-the-go?

I love coffee so very much!

I actually enjoy a wide range of brews, from lighter "breakfast" blends to dark French pressed, Turkish, and other really dark and strong coffees. One of my sinful little pleasures, oddly enough, is Tim Hortons coffee, though. I find it to be a really flavorful light-medium blend that I positively love. Conversely, I absolutely despise Starbucks coffee. I find it tastes like they burned the coffee, then poured it into an ashtray, then served it to me.

I drink my coffee black, with nothing added (in my mind, saying black necessarily implies that nothing's been added, but I've met some weirdos that think black coffee has sugar in it. If I say black, I mean black, and if I want sugar, I'll say so.)

I do love coffee, though I have tapered off a bit in my consumption. I used to drink about a pot a day, but now I have a good sized mug in the morning and that's it. I found I was getting too dehydrated, even if I spent the rest of the day drinking water.

I'm really not all that picky. Outside of a few abysmal cups of the brew purchased from some truck stops, I don't have any real complaints. More than anything, I simply love the taste of coffee and anything I can find it in. There is a local sweet shop here in town that does a coffee ice cream soda...magnificent!

I guess a good french press is my favorite method, but again, plain old drip is fine with me ^^

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    I drink my coffee black, with nothing added (in my mind, saying black necessarily implies that nothing's been added, but I've met some weirdos that think black coffee has sugar in it. If I say black, I mean black, and if I want sugar, I'll say so.)
    That is just odd! I have never run into that and glad I haven't! I pretty much always take it black, but if given the choice, I would always pick cream over sugar.

Used to be somewhat of a coffee snob, but making good coffee becomes a major chore that now I just grab one from Tim Hortons (which is close to where I work).

Used to grind my own blend and primarily used a french press. Problem with French press is you have to wash it every time or you end up with a bitter taste in the next cup, and that time adds up. Even tried roasting my own beans using a popcorn maker (which didn't turn out well). Now when I make coffee (which isn't that often) it's from a can.

And I'll totally agree with xbabyx on the starbucks. Not only is the coffee caustic, but all the fancy terminology and pseudo-classy decor and university kids on laptops trying to look sophistocated just gives me the willies.

while I don't love coffee I do drink one cup in the morning at work, it is not too bad considering it has sat in the perk for over an hour and a half and I usealy get the bottom of the perk

I love coffee and must have it to start my day. Believe it or not, Kroger's Morning Blend is very good coffee, and Colombian. Eight O'clock Colombian was rated No. 2 by Consumer's Report. More recently, my wife has been ordering Louisianan Coffee for me from the internet. I get many different flavors, but Grand Marnie is very good. I brew it in a good old Mr. Coffee machine.

I do that whole french press thang. I've been buying Whole Foods coffee lately, dark or medium-dark roast, which is durn near perfect for me. Coffee is rare luxury for me, so if I'm going to have it, it had better be good. I wouldn't call myself a coffee snob though -- it's just that there's a difference between drinking coffee to stay awake in class and drinking coffee because it's the best thing since sliced bread. If the former, anything will do. If the latter, I want the best I can get or I'd rather not even bother with it.

I'm also a huge fan of Turkish coffee

sorry but i'm a tea drinker through and through, Earl Grey is a great way to finnish the day, allthough i am partial to roiboos, though I suspose being half south african it's an obligation to enjoy the latter. nonetheless a double espresso comes in handy when one is studying

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingArcher View Post
    sorry but i'm a tea drinker through and through, Earl Grey is a great way to finnish the day, allthough i am partial to roiboos, though I suspose being half south african it's an obligation to enjoy the latter. nonetheless a double espresso comes in handy when one is studying
    LoLs at a fellow South African.
    My wife loves tea and i love coffee but i really need to cut down as it really screws your nerves up if you happen to be a smoker as well,so i keep it at 2 cups a day or 1 cup and 3 teas's a day.

Love Columbian and occasionally will buy the brazillian roast.

Quote Originally Posted by TeenageToddler View Post
    So does anybody else love coffee? What is your favorite brew, how do you like it, and what is your favorite place to get coffee from on-the-go?
    Mcdonalds, so long as any size is on the Dollar Menu that is. Although Dunkin Donuts is a close second and worth the extra dollar if the people working the counter aren't stingy with the sugar.

Coffee is very much a necessity for me to be awake and alert at work.