Thread: The Teddy Bears Picnic

Thumbs up The Teddy Bears Picnic

Hi all

I have very fond memories of visiting my grandma as a youngster and watching a video cassette tape full of teddy bear cartoons. Most of them were fairly common, like Rupert the Bear, the Care Bears, Superted and so on.

Also on the tape was a movie about two teddy bears who went to a picnic. I loved the movie but eventually the tape wore out and so I've not seen it in years. I tried to find it a few times but was never able to. However, a few days ago I stumbled across it on Amazon - on DVD no less! Needless to say, one of these DVDs is now in my possession

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teddybearspicnic.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	7299

I was wondering if anyone else on the forum had seen this movie? I've asked a few people and no one else seems to remember it

Just to give you some idea of how awesome it is I've transcribed the narration from the start of it...

"You know a teddy bear is a really special kind of toy. Something a little different to everyone. Someone to cuddle up with on a rainy day. Someone who's there to share your happiest moments. Or to keep you company when things aren't going very well. Someone who always listens and never complains when you make a mistake."

I couldn't have put it better myself, except perhaps substituting 'teddy bear' for 'plushy'

I'm pretty sure that I remember it! I don't remember ever being incredibly into it or anything, but then again I don't remember what shows I really loved back then.

-Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbeast View Post
    I'm pretty sure that I remember it! I don't remember ever being incredibly into it or anything, but then again I don't remember what shows I really loved back then.
    At least someone (possibly) knows what I'm talking about

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    At least someone (possibly) knows what I'm talking about
    My girlfriend happened to randomly mention it last night! I guess it's one of those things that was within our age group and never travelled far outside of it hah.

-Ron

Darnit! now i have that adorable song stuck in my head. I too watched this VHS tape every time i went to visit my grandma. Correct me if i'm wrong but doesnt a little boy follow to the two teddy's and get to be like the first real boy to ever get to go to the teddy bear's picnic.

"Today's the day the teddy bears have their piiiiiiiiicnic!" That little musical line will be stuck in my head the rest of the day now.

It's a girl who ends up going to the picnic, but otherwise you're exactly correct

Now i wanna see it again. i am soooo mad at you now. :P

Another movie i remember watching a lot at grandma's was "The Brave Little Toaster". And also almost every 2d animation Disney movie ever made... Fox and the hound, Jungle Book, Lion King, Alladin, even Little Mermaid.

NOW EVERYONE SHALL HAVE THIS SONG STUCK IN THEIR HEAD "MWAHAHAHAA!"