Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Name of your Pacifier

Default Name of your Pacifier

What do you call you pacifier? When we were little my dad always called them nuki, and mom called it a plug. A friend from work said her kids called it a bopper. I dunno if it was just the area we live in now, but the most common name is Binky. It is just interesting that there are so many names for a pacifier. So what do you call your Pacifier? Just curious cause I have been awake and bored all night and that just popped into my head.

Obviously, I just use the word from my first language - which is 'speen' or 'speentje' (diminuitive) - but as I've pointed out before, I really just like the word 'pacifier' because it describes the item perfectly. I find pacifiers to be pacifying. =P

crazykittensmile

I usually use the word dummy, which is the common word here in the UK, although sometimes I use the word 'pacifer' or 'paci' on adisc; these Americanisations get everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    I usually use the word dummy, which is the common word here in the UK, although sometimes I use the word 'pacifer' or 'paci' on adisc; these Americanisations get everywhere
    I'm the same, it was always a 'dummy' to me until I started reading adisc...

Quote Originally Posted by Albasion View Post
    Obviously, I just use the word from my first language - which is 'speen' or 'speentje' (diminuitive) - but as I've pointed out before, I really just like the word 'pacifier' because it describes the item perfectly. I find pacifiers to be pacifying. =P
    Dutch too?
    well my boyfriend and I usually call it a "p". It's just something we did so nobody would ever know what we're talking about when they could hear us or something like that. But it comes from pacifier, of course
    (It's the same for a diaper, we call that a "d". Or playdate, as "PD".)

Quote Originally Posted by Albasion View Post
    Oh I'm soooooo sorry! I'm such a choastic person, I forget way too much:P

I call mine a paci and sometimes a bobo to my best friend (secret code ;D).