Thread: A poem about Jesus

wow! that is so true, if only more people would believe that.

I've been saying this for awhile, and I'm a Methodist music director. Lots of church people are good people, and try hard to live as Jesus directs them. What we hear on the media is the extreme church, because their hatred and crazyness makes for interesting news. Despite that, the message of Jesus never changes. It's one of love and acceptance, helping others and being true to yourself.

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. The materialism of affluent Christian countries appears to contradict the claims of Jesus Christ that says it's not possible to worship both Mammon and God at the same time."

Gandhi said it best, really. To be perfectly honest, despite being an atheist I have a lot of respect for Jesus and his teachings, and I wish more Christians actually followed them. We would live in a better world.