Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retro Gaming?

Default Retro Gaming?

Who else is into retro gaming? That is, any game/console that came out before the GameCube/PS2/X-Box.

Now, an even more important question: how many retro games have you beaten?

For me, I'll play anything from the Atari to the PlayStation 3. I prefer the newer consoles because the older games that were on the NES are a pain in the butt >.< Specifically, the original Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros. I have never even gotten close to beating either of those games.... and the sad thing is that both of my parents have beaten Super Mario Bros. more times than they can count.

Anyway, what retro consoles/games do you like to play and why?

PS1 I play often because the new spyro games SUCK-AIR, Also the original metal gears.

Sheesh, PSX, I haven't seen one of those since I was eight o.O" I miss that old thing, it had one of the best games ever: Jersey Devil.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dos.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	7295
    I do not always do gaming (actually pretty much never) but when I do, I do Nintendo 64.

The oldest console I have is the SNES (although it’s actually my older brothers). I played it the other day mainly playing Lion King and Super Mario World which are both awesome! ^^ Me and a friend tried to beat Lion King in one sitting and got to the final level before running out of continues still was great fun . Other games which I really love on it are Donkey Kong Country, Mario All Stars, Star Wing (EU name for Star Fox) and Super Street Fighter 2. I also have an N64 with games like Mario 64, Goldeneye, Donkey Kong 64 and Turok 2 among others .

Not sure how many retro games I've completed but I do remember finishing Donkey Kong Country, Mario 64 and Goldeneye and Star Wing .

I'm very much a retro gamer. I bought my Wii mainly for the Virtual Console, and it's now loaded with old NES and SNES titles. And a couple of Sega Genesis titles. These were the consoles that ruled my childhood back in the 1980's and early 90's. I did end up buying a Nintendo64 and a Playstation, but only ended up with a handful of games for each. The FPS games really don't do anything for me. The only games I bought for my Playstation were Final Fantasy VII (a game I soooooooooo wish they would remake!) and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (still my favorite platformer of all time). Likewise, on my PS3, I own only Bionic Commando: Re-armed, and LIMBO, both platformers. I'm stuck in that genre, I guess.

As for my favorite "retro" title overall: Kid Icarus for the NES. So many great memories, and still a fun game (IMO). And still challenging!
    Last edited by Cottontail; 13-Jan-2012 at 04:47. Reason: typo

I just love playing my intelivision, colecovision and atari 2600. favorite game has to be astro smash. I also enjoy playing pong on my oscilloscope
    Last edited by Fantasticmax2; 13-Jan-2012 at 08:46.

I have got a few retro consoles, and i'm particularly attached to the Mega Drive with the original Sonic games and Shining Force II, the first and second gen of Pokemon games, and Star Wars Episode 1 Racer on the N64. I played the shit out of that shit when I was a kid, up until about 2003 when I got my first PC, and that is when I stumbled onto the best. game. ever. made, to this day, in my opinion.

Need For Speed High Stakes.

I have probably played more of that then I have spent in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyPandora View Post
    Sheesh, PSX, I haven't seen one of those since I was eight o.O" I miss that old thing, it had one of the best games ever: Jersey Devil.
    Bahahahahah! I remember buying my PS1 right after they came out. I was in high school.

By the very very loose definition of retro gamer given here, I'm most assuredly a retro gamer, given that the newest video game system in my house is a PS2. That said, I am all about the original NES and the Super Nintendo. I've been hoping to find a decent Sega Genesis, as well. Almost every video game I play was made in the last century.

Also, Chrono Trigger is still possibly my favorite video game of all time.

The furthest I can possibly go back is to PS1. I don't play it often, got lost in the attack. D;