Thread: College single!?

Default College single!?

Hey guys, Im so excited, I just found out that for spring semester at my school I will be living in a single.....in other words, living by myself in my own place, lol u guys have any ideas on how I can make the room more "toddler friendly" if you know what I mean lol

Id say keep your stash in your closet, but you'd be foolish to have baby furniture and such in a dorm room with your friends dropping by. Don't forget, "balance" is very important. Good luck and have fun with it. I was a master of putting a diaper on while lying in bed with my roommate sleeping across the room. It's not impossible! :-)

lol I would never bring baby furniture into a college dorm lol, I mean I may bring my sippy cup and leave my paci out more than normal, like when I know I wont have friends over, will keep my diapers in a drawer or a closet, but Im thinking maybe some childish bedsheets that I can use sometime

I would go with a blanket that has cartoons on it and keep plain sheets. a blanket is more acceptable and less likely to raise any questions from friends while hanging out. you are lucky to get a single as a freshman I was not ably to do anything babyish in my dorm room. except I did arrange my furniture so when laying in bed my head was tucked away between a wall and bookshelf and it felt like a crib a little bit.

I have a toy story blanket on my dorm bed and I keep my diapers, sleepers, onesies, wipes, etc. in my closet. That makes things easy to access but still private.

You could child proof all the plug sockets, if people ask then you say you occasionally look after a sibling/cousin for the night. This also gives you way more credibility if you leave a bottle or sippy cup out.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPurple View Post
    You could child proof all the plug sockets, if people ask then you say you occasionally look after a sibling/cousin for the night. This also gives you way more credibility if you leave a bottle or sippy cup out.
    Surely they'd be curious when they realise that there is never a small child in his room though.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    Surely they'd be curious when they realise that there is never a small child in his room though.
    then they look at TKing and say "oh there the kid is" lol

hey gn11 if the closet doors are open can you see any of that stuff or is it tucked away in there?

Quote Originally Posted by coboy View Post
    then they look at TKing and say "oh there the kid is" lol

hey gn11 if the closet doors are open can you see any of that stuff or is it tucked away in there?
    If the closet is open, you can see everything. I don't have people in my room that often though, and I never leave my closet open, so I'm not worried about it.

Well its official now....I have the room, ill be living there starting at the end of the month....im really excited...I cant wait to do some "Activities" LOL