Thread: Dr. Seuss books, movies, etc.

Default Dr. Seuss books, movies, etc.

How many of you have a fondness for Dr. Seuss? The books that you had read to you when you were little, the TV special of the Grinch, etc.?

My wife and I, while not being AB's per se, love Dr. Seuss and his whimsical artwork and prose that almost always tries to convey a message. The Cat in the Hat was a great early school reading primer, completely destroying the idea of Dick and Jane. Green Eggs and Ham was a masterful work to prove an entire book could be written with less than fifty different words. Horton Hears a Who, The Sneetches, The Lorax and more all put a child's spin on serious topics.

We have collected somewhere around thirty to forty pieces of Seuss' reproduction artworks (can be seen at The Art of Dr. Seuss - Home) and proudly display them around our home. We have the DVD's for the old Horton and Grinch specials from TV, and I loved the recent movie done for Horton Hears a Who. Speaking of which, is anyone looking forward to The Lorax coming out later this year?

The Lorax was always one of my favorite characters and books. How about you?

I love doctor seuss books! My mommy reads me green eggs and ham everyday! I must say that the lorax is my absolute favorite.