Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper leaks when driving

Default Diaper leaks when driving

Hello all.
    Just curious if any of you also have leak issues when driving in a diaper. I see myself as an extremely experienced diaperer, following years of use, and tend to be fine in most conditions (even wetting in bed etc.) but for some reason, even moderate wetting sees leaks quite frequently. Wondering of the low slung seating position just is a bad angle for me. It happened again yesterday, although quite heavily saturated.

It sounds like you need a better diaper. What do you use. I tend to use bambino diapers. They hold like 3 or 4 wettings.

Hi Lestat, never tried bambinos, but Abena x plus and European tena slip maxis. Normally quite safe. Maybe I just pee too much when driving.

I have the same problem, and I use high quality diapers. The problem, as well as I can figure is that the position of the diaper when we drive is too close to us and so the urine cannot absorb fast enough. The only surefire way I have been able to safely go when driving and not leak is to make sure the diaper is pouchy in the front, that and put a bedpad under a seat cover . . .

The sitting position for driving is an odd one; I can't always get a wetting to start. I've had to go pretty bad and not been able to wet until I got out of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by irataliw View Post
    I have the same problem, and I use high quality diapers. The problem, as well as I can figure is that the position of the diaper when we drive is too close to us and so the urine cannot absorb fast enough. The only surefire way I have been able to safely go when driving and not leak is to make sure the diaper is pouchy in the front, that and put a bedpad under a seat cover . . .
    thanks Irataliw. I will try the pouchy way. Could help indeed.

Ralf - my last leak was actually in your country!! Noticed at a fuel station outside Den Haag oops.

you need to tell us where the leaks are at. in the back under the cheeks, off to the side, or out the top (wetting your tucked in shirt)

Too much padding in the crotch, particularly of the high-sap variety, won't let any liquid flow down into the back of the diaper, it'll just plug up in the crotch when it starts to get wet, and then start flooding upward. Try using a diaper with less sap. And make sure the lower tapes are down around the legs and not taped inward toward each other. They will gap really badly on the sides when you sit if they are. (see this for more details)

I cannot speak for him, but mine is the floods up, wetting my shirt and then upper thighs variety. I wear abena m3-4's and dry 24/7. This even happened with a fabine, so it really comes down to making the diaper fit right for the job it needs to do in that situation. The same problem occasionally happens when I am sitting at my desk in my office. A trick I have started doing is a.) folding the diaper in half lengthways and then b). making sure the diaper has a little pouch after it is taped up by either tugging on the crotch of the diaper gently or also, though not fun to do when the diaper is already wet, reaching in and pushing the diaper away as it is better to touch the moist insides of the diaper and wash your hands than have a wardrobe malfunction.

Its not that hard not ot leak. Make sure you aer pointing down and go slow. Maybe lift yourself up alil bit when you go so ou dont have so much presure on the butt of the diaper.