Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jobless must PEE in a cup

funseeker

Default Jobless must PEE in a cup

Should the jobless be required to pee in a cup to get their check from the government?
    It is now proposed in our congress.

sure hope it happens

Its sickening to see how many lazy and freeloading people are sucking USEFULL money from taxpayers just so that they can sit at home and drink or smoke up

Ive got no problem with alcoholics or pot-heads, but dont use my f'n money to support your habits because your too lazy to work!

Quote Originally Posted by ykdprdave View Post
    sure hope it happens

Its sickening to see how many lazy and freeloading people are sucking USEFULL money from taxpayers just so that they can sit at home and drink or smoke up

Ive got no problem with alcoholics or pot-heads, but dont use my f'n money to support your habits because your too lazy to work!

Not to start a big argument or any drama.

However, what about someone who is a very hard working person but wound up on the streets by means of other people. Let's say, a student getting kicked out of his parents home. Under a lot of stress, depression, and no money (by extension, no means to know how, where, or the money to get help from doctors to help deal with his problems) decides to turn to alcohol and drugs to cope with his situation.

From there things can always take a turn to the worst, while this person would still be a hard working citizen if he could manage to get the help he needed. This new law may make life even more difficult for people like this, and to get their way of coping they may look towards theft, or other crimes.

While, this is not true for every person living on the street, or even people living at a home... It does happen to some people, and it isn't fair for them to not be recognized.

In short....

Not everyone who is jobless, and is struggling with their life is a lazy freeloader.

I think it's a good idea. While a great many people on welfare are in fact NOT drug abusers, a lot of money could be saved by weeding out the few that are.

I really don't see anything wrong with it.

...well, but testing isn't exactly free either. And then it just becomes a Whac-A-Mole game. The welfare recipients who can no longer use their federal aid to by drugs will go and rob banks, attack/murder/rob people, etc. Lack of money doesn't stop addiction, only therapy does. As long as there's addiction to illicit drugs, society on the whole pays for it, one way or another.

This is one of the reasons I'm hugely for legalization of most drugs. Yes, there are those that ought to remain illegal for their devastating and long-lasting physiological effects, but many are on the level of alcohol and tobacco in terms of the risk they pose to society, and yet we pay enormously--both in money and lives--to keep people away from them. It just makes no sense.

...at the risk of starting an argument. Oops, too late.

I'm for legalization of drugs, but I'm also for peeing in a cup to qualify for welfare benefits. You don't have to take the money if you don't like it, you're free to make your own living like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by ykdprdave View Post
    sure hope it happens

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    I'm for legalization of drugs, but I'm also for peeing in a cup to qualify for welfare benefits. You don't have to take the money if you don't like it, you're free to make your own living like the rest of us.
    I agree with both of you. I would also favor testing for anyone using Public Housing. If you are found to be using, you are out of the housing program. Same with food stamps, caught using, no more food assistance. If you recieve government money for being a foster parent, and are found to be using, the children are immediately removed from the household and you are banned from the program forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobie View Post

However, what about someone who is a very hard working person but wound up on the streets by means of other people. Let's say, a student getting kicked out of his parents home. Under a lot of stress, depression, and no money (by extension, no means to know how, where, or the money to get help from doctors to help deal with his problems) decides to turn to alcohol and drugs to cope with his situation.

From there things can always take a turn to the worst, while this person would still be a hard working citizen if he could manage to get the help he needed. This new law may make life even more difficult for people like this, and to get their way of coping they may look towards theft, or other crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    ...well, but testing isn't exactly free either. And then it just becomes a Whac-A-Mole game. The welfare recipients who can no longer use their federal aid to by drugs will go and rob banks, attack/murder/rob people, etc. Lack of money doesn't stop addiction, only therapy does. As long as there's addiction to illicit drugs, society on the whole pays for it, one way or another.
    As a recovering alcoholic I can tell you that a person will only look for help once they have reached their personal bottom. The longer they are addicted the lower that bottom usually becomes. For some it is when the money runs out. For those that it isn't then the propensity for stealing and violent crimes are already there and they usually resort to it even while on federal assistance because that money is not enough to feed their habit. Cutting off the cash flow early is a good thing in my opinion. The government needs to stop being facilitators. Thinking that the law would be to blame if people turn to crime when they don't have Uncle Sam paying for their fix is fallacy. This type of thought pattern is just an excuse and an addict thrives on excuses. Once they have all been stripped away then they can see what they have become.

As someone who has administered drug tests for a recovery program, I can tell you that reliable tests are available to the public at retail of between 5-10 dollars per test. This was when buying 20 tests at a time. When being bought in bulk by the government the cost should be much lower than that and the amount of money saved from not feeding habits would far outweigh the cost. The surplus in funds could be funneled into our police departments to fight the crime that is already present from addiction.

In short I very much support this proposed law.

Cherub

I support the idea. I had to pee in a cup to GET a job. Taxes are taken out of that money that I earned. Therefore, I feel it is only right that if someone wants that tax money that the government took out of my check. Then they too should pee in a cup to GET that money.

Furthermore, if I am subject to 'random drug screen test' in order to KEEP my job. The person receiving government money should be randomly selected to pee in a cup to KEEP their government money.

I don't think that is asking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobie View Post

While, this is not true for every person living on the street, or even people living at a home... It does happen to some people, and it isn't fair for them to not be recognized.

In short....

Not everyone who is jobless, and is struggling with their life is a lazy freeloader.
    My view on that kind of scenario...

They took a bad situation, turned it into something even worse, and become a non-contributing part of society. Its not everyone elses fault that someone chooses the wrong path and sure as hell shouldnt be the ones supporting them and keeping them on that road. Their are programs out there to help people like this and if one so chooses to SEEK help, it can be provided. IF they choose to drop themselves to the bottom of society and stay there, that is their own fault and their lifestyle shouldnt be supported.

Everyone falls upon hard times now and then, some people just choose to take advantage of the situation.

A few years back (when the depression hit here hard) i lost my job after paying thousands into EI over the years. I had one hell of a time getting my $600/2wks out of the bastards, which wasnt even close to covering any of my living expenses, let alone 'getting by'. Then after a few months of job searching, and scraping by on my EI cheques and savings and selling off everything i could i was graciously cut off from EI. I F'n near went off the deep end...

I know hundreds of lowlife SOBs up here that live in gov't housing and feed off of the gov't, meanwhile they are not contributing one bit to society. yet they still get everything handed to them and its sickening. Meanwhile, they go and cut off the support for a person that has fed nearly a million into the economy over the last ~6 years and has just fallen into hard times.

I sure as heck would have expected them to make me piss test to get paid, i would have no problem with that, even if it was my own money im trying to get back out of them. The money is there to help people get by and become a contributing part of society. not support their habits and lazyness!