Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate my laptop!

Default I hate my laptop!

WELL IT HAPPENED! IT ****ING BROKE!

Video adapter error (received beep code)...Oh my god, this is the SECOND time in the 2 and half years I have had it...same problem, took 2 weeks to fix...AND I DON'T HAVE TWO WEEKS! I HAVE HOMEWORK NOW!

Well, I have other computers, I am using my old desktop that barely runs (It was the family computer, which is why its so ****ed up). I cleaned the registry, and now I am running a defragmenting program now.

It just makes me so angry that I paid so much for a computer (I got it when I was 13...that's a lot of chore money), and then it is just such a piece. I mean, no problems (aside from the normal **** that happens with it) for like 4 months, so I thought it was all good...Oh lord...I can't even do anything with it! Oh well, I had to buy the extended warantee because it BROKE when the warantee expired last time. So it just makes me so very angry, is all...I can barely run ****ing firefox on this computer, thats how bad it is.

gamebaby

O god. Well That must suck. I know how you feel. I mesed up a computer moniter which I couldnt use it at all to finish my paper on the declaration of independince(REALY BORING by the way). But i had to go to a library and retype it to forget i need to pay for the paper i print. I than told them I would pay for it next time and I luckly got them. But I feel your pain. P.S I tryed to spell today

That's pretty bad getting a beep code 2 times since you've owned it. What brand is it, Acer?

I can't because I can't get to the problem...It a video chipset, so I can't just plug in a different card. It's an HP DV6000z (z refers to processor type...which is AMD).

Secret

You shulda just got a Mac, its a proven fact that I just made up is that 90% of all non Mac brand laptops suck and will break or have major software or hardware or battery problems (Except Alienware , HP and other high end ones and a few others) Just my thoughts on this whole debacle of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by secret101 View Post
    You shulda just got a Mac, its a proven fact that I just made up is that 90% of all non Mac brand laptops suck and will break or have major software or hardware or battery problems (Except Alienware , HP and other high end ones and a few others) Just my thoughts on this whole debacle of yours.
    That statistic is wrong, dude. 90% of all people know that :P

I've owned both (I have a 12" Powerbook, and a 14" Acer) and I've fixed/owned tons of computers. Apples use the same hardware and have reliability on par with Sony (their expensive ones, cheap Sonys are crap), Toshiba (except the P4 A-60 garbage series), Lenovo/IBM (fantastic quality), HP (their business series laptops are great, and not that much more expensive). I've run into many problems with Apple hardware (overheating, dying motherboards, video chipsets, etc...)

Buy a Mac for the great OS and intergation, not because you think that premium is getting you better hardware...cause it's not.

Please don't let this thread get hijacked into a Mac vs PC thread :'(

Quote Originally Posted by secret101 View Post

Why exactly would you give iGod your iMoney, just to be an iTool?