Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alone in a big city, or just paranoid?

Default Alone in a big city, or just paranoid?

I am an 18 y/o living just outside of Chicago. The Chicagoland area has a population of 10 million people, so why do I get the feeling I am the only AB/DL here?

Every other site I have been on makes it seem like the only other ABs or DLs in Illinois are all middle aged sex crazed lunatics looking for an easy lay. Whether they are straight or gay they all seem to act the same and are all men. I bring up their gender because my social "group," if you will, predominately female and it is for two reasons: 1) I'm straight so there is always that bit of curiosity of whether or not we would be compatible, 2) girls are better at talking/listening while guys, for the most part, are egotistical and everything will center around them.

My question than, I guess, is: Are there any normal people in the AB/DL community that just so happen to be my age and live in Chicago?

Scootalooo

I'm sure they'll be plenty of ABDLs living in Chicago who are your age. Just because you don't know any dosen't mean they don't excist.

I've only recently come across ABDLs living in my area, and I've never met any of them yet and thought the same as you for a while

I feel the same. I also wonder if there are some in Tulsa University in Tulsa Ok. or even in Broken Arrow ok. I would love to find someone with the same interest as me, (DL mainly, I think) at the University of Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by DPRzazi View Post
    ...2) girls are better at talking/listening while guys, for the most part, are egotistical and everything will center around them.
    I resent that!

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Hal0ispwnd View Post
    I resent that!
    Well, in her defense she did say "for the most"

In response to the OP: I would venture to guess that most of the 'normal people' into AB/DL are probably more shy and therefore not as public as the 'middle aged sex crazed lunatics' that you find popping up all over the place. For example, I never knew so many AB/Dl lived in Ohio till after I had moved to Wisconsin. Ya just got to be patient and keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by DPRzazi View Post
    I am an 18 y/o living just outside of Chicago. The Chicagoland area has a population of 10 million people, so why do I get the feeling I am the only AB/DL here?

Every other site I have been on makes it seem like the only other ABs or DLs in Illinois are all middle aged sex crazed lunatics looking for an easy lay. Whether they are straight or gay they all seem to act the same and are all men. I bring up their gender because my social "group," if you will, predominately female and it is for two reasons: 1) I'm straight so there is always that bit of curiosity of whether or not we would be compatible, 2) girls are better at talking/listening while guys, for the most part, are egotistical and everything will center around them.

My question than, I guess, is: Are there any normal people in the AB/DL community that just so happen to be my age and live in Chicago?
    I dunno, I met my boyfriend in Chicago at a big ABDL party, and we've been together over three years now. I've met a sizable number of Chicagoland ABDLs, and they've all been stand-up individuals, people I have no problems or qualms about getting together with when we're down there.

Although, in my experience, when a younger person says "middle-aged sex crazed lunatic," it's the "middle-aged" thing that's the real bit and that by association, the middle-aged person must be "sex crazed" or a "lunatic". I think what really is going on in those instances is that there is such a gulf of life experience between an older person (say 30s and 40s) versus someone barely old enough to buy a pack of smokes that one cannot relate to the other. The older person knows what they want and don't feel the need to dance around the issue to get there, which can be overwhelming for a younger person that thinks they know what they want but in reality doesn't have a damned clue.

All that said, I'm not 18 or even within a decade of being 18 anymore, so I'm afraid I can't say how many younger ABDLs there are in Chicagoland or elsewhere. What I will say is that you have to be very aware of the fact that people at that age are often pretty inexperienced and don't necessarily know what they really want, yourself potentially included.

You just have to be patient I guess.

---------- Post added at 02:10 ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 ----------

You'll find them....eventually

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    I think what really is going on in those instances is that there is such a gulf of life experience between an older person (say 30s and 40s) versus someone barely old enough to buy a pack of smokes that one cannot relate to the other. The older person knows what they want and don't feel the need to dance around the issue to get there, which can be overwhelming for a younger person that thinks they know what they want but in reality doesn't have a damned clue.
    Well said xbabyx! I think that pretty well summed up the whole issue very well!

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    Although, in my experience, when a younger person says "middle-aged sex crazed lunatic," it's the "middle-aged" thing that's the real bit and that by association, the middle-aged person must be "sex crazed" or a "lunatic". I think what really is going on in those instances is that there is such a gulf of life experience between an older person (say 30s and 40s) versus someone barely old enough to buy a pack of smokes that one cannot relate to the other. The older person knows what they want and don't feel the need to dance around the issue to get there, which can be overwhelming for a younger person that thinks they know what they want but in reality doesn't have a damned clue.
    Thanks for the reply and I see where your coming from but it really does seem like the AB/DL community is extremely small and is even smaller when you factor out people who are in a completely different age group than yourself and therefore unrelateable.