Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats your Pet Peeve?

Default Whats your Pet Peeve?

So, I'm sitting at my desk and was just wondering what really ticks you off? Or, what things can you not stand other people doing, or even things that you do?

School related: it's when you have a group project and your groupmates don't do their part/don't contribute.

Non-School related: When people annoy me and don't realize that I am trying to have some alone time.

Hmmmm- there are several, really, but the worst are car related.

Idiots who have their cell phone glued to their ear, chattering away as they pull out into traffic, usually in front of me, ALWAYS without looking, forcing me to jam on my brakes and pray that the moron behind me (cell phone user?) doesn't eat my bumper.

Even worse than that are the paste eaters that think it's totally cool for them to keep turning across an intersection even though the traffic arrow has been off for what seems like an hour, forcing the entire rest of the population to wait on their sorry, inconsiderate asses to move so they can get on with their lives.

That's what ticks me off the most!

My biggest Pet Peeve is fingerprints/smudges on my screens (DSi screens, laptop screen etc.)

June

Ignorance. I can't stand it when people hate something that they don't understand, or when they stereotype a group of people (Americans are arrogant and fat, Muslims are terrorists, furries are zoophiles, also things like racism and homophobia, etc.). Some runner ups are selfishness, arrogance, and rudeness. People ask me why I am depressed so often, and I usually reply with how our world is a cesspool of all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by TeenageToddler View Post
    Ignorance. I can't stand it when people hate something that they don't understand, or when they stereotype a group of people (Americans are arrogant and fat, Muslims are terrorists, furries are zoophiles, also things like racism and homophobia, etc.). Some runner ups are selfishness, arrogance, and rudeness. People ask me why I am depressed so often, and I usually reply with how our world is a cesspool of all of the above.
    Amen.

All of the above are good and I share them. In addition, I hate it when someone zooms around me with their car, gets right in front of me, and then puts on their blinker to make a left hand turn across traffic, when they could have stayed behind me to make their turn.

My brother in law has been my biggest peeve for the Christmas holiday. He's been staying with us. The first night he opened the conversation talking about, and this was unsolicited, "jigaboos", his term. The next day he showed up at the breakfast table wearing only, and I mean only, his boxer shorts. He's going home tomorrow, thank God.

My most current pet peeve is watching Virginia Tech lose yet another big bowl game, this time to Michigan. Both of my kids went to Tech and we are big fans.

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

Most of my pet peevse revolve around traffic. People that don't know how to use thier blinkers when they are changing lanes or turning. People that drive slow in the fast lane and most of all people that don't understand the concept of an excelleration lane.

Other than that, I can't stand people standing over my shoulder. Makes me really nervous and grouchy.
    Last edited by BlackPaw; 04-Jan-2012 at 05:34.

SarahNuk

I've got a lot of pet peeves, but one of my greater ones has to be when people pick out minor physical deviations and pick at them. As a child, I had tight Achilles' tendons, and had a teacher yell at me because I was walking on my toes. She called me out in front of the class and demanded I walk flat footed. Not only did I not know of the tight tendons, but I had to embarrassingly attempt to force my heels to the ground while everyone watched. And that was in Junior High.

Another of my peeves is when people constantly complain about the slightest pains in their bodies. I know a girl who constantly gains sympathy and encouragement just because she has arthritis and complains about it every chance she gets. I've had rheumatoid arthritis in my legs for as long as I could walk, yet not very many people actually know because I don't complain.

Oh well. I don't like it when people complain and nitpick, but I'm a total hypocrite.

Sarah

The imperial measure system.
    Measures that include insignificant numbers.
    The ångström. Weird unit.
    The fact that floating point numbers have finite precision.
    The NFL's 40 second play clock. Way too long, IMO.
    Diving/playacting in Association Football.
    People that don't gg out of StarCraft games they lost.
    Hypocrites.
    Unseeded single elimination tournaments.
    The fact that a coin toss is a tie-breaker in FIFA tournaments (granted its the (IIRC) seventh, but its been used).
    The away goal rule.
    The Page playoff system, especially used in sports with bad tie-breaker (i.e. Curling).
    Young Earth creationists.
    People that claim, with a straight face, that Obama is politicly far to the left.
    Reckless drivers.
    Forum posts that read "I think a mod should do X to post/thread Y". That's what the report button is for, folks.

Sent from my iPhone

People who don't understand the difference between your and you're and/or there, their, and they're. I see it all the time on facebook, and it just annoys the crap out of me lol.

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk