Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skin issues- might be TMI

BabyJayk

Default Skin issues- might be TMI

Okay so I am a bedwetter but i have occasional daytime accidents as well. So i dont wear 24/7 but i am wearing most of the time. I shave my male area to help with hygiene but i have now have some kind of skin irritation that causes these red bumps to form were hair should be. Tried everything i know to do but nothing seems to help. What is this? How do I deal with it? Sorry if all this is TMI but I am freaking out a little.

methaneboy

Its split hair roots. They suck, alot. I have tried shaving there... Never again. The hair roots split, and its like having a hair trying to come out, but its in a Y shape instead of being straight. And they grow out being barely separated, and eventually just cut through the skin and become like 1 hair. There isnt a way around it that i know of. Use hair remover instead of shaving? or if you're not going for it all being gone, just trim it short? or, dare i say it, pluck them out 1 by 1 D:<
    but in all seriousness, best thing to use to really get rid of irritation would be some kinda cream to reduce it or numb it. its always gunna hurt like that

zombiebaby

Quote Originally Posted by methaneboy View Post
    Its split hair roots. They suck, alot. I have tried shaving there... Never again. The hair roots split, and its like having a hair trying to come out, but its in a Y shape instead of being straight. And they grow out being barely separated, and eventually just cut through the skin and become like 1 hair. There isnt a way around it that i know of. Use hair remover instead of shaving? or if you're not going for it all being gone, just trim it short? or, dare i say it, pluck them out 1 by 1 D:<
    but in all seriousness, best thing to use to really get rid of irritation would be some kinda cream to reduce it or numb it. its always gunna hurt like that
    That's the reason I only trim it now

DON'T USE NAIR IN THE NEATHER REIGONS.

Just an important PSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddie View Post
    DON'T USE NAIR IN THE NEATHER REIGONS.

Just an important PSA.
    Don't use regular nair on the nether regions, but there is nair made for nether regions. although like with all chemical hair removal products it is suggested to test it on a small patch first (such as the arm pit which is nearly as sensitive), before applying it for intended results.

On Topic: moisturizer helps with shaving bumps, but also the more you shave, the less often they'll come up.

littlepacifiergirl

Alright I have experimented with shaving legs and those other areas before and have had much the same problem with the red bumps. I would advise that right now you use plenty of moisturizer.

In the future make sure that if you shave down there that you don't use a facial razor, that was a big mistake I made. Rinse the razor in water every time you pass it over an area, or else the razor gets horrible and unusable. Make sure you take it slow and don't push the razor down to hard. Also if you already have a lot of hair in an area use grooming scissors to take out most of it before you start to shave. The process will be less stressful on your skin the more you do it.

Personally I love shaved legs... It would be weird for me to wear a diaper with hairy legs...

Unfortunately if you are pursuing this for the same reasons as I then make sure you don't go overboard, people will notice

I just keep my nether region really short instead of completely shaven. I had issues with rash and extreme itchyness there, but all those issues went away since just keeping it really short (like 1/8" to 1/4").

I get those bumps too. They suck. I think it's due to ingrown hairs or just irritation from the hairs being at the level of the outer skin.

Best I can recommend is to never shave when you have those bumps: it will just cut them. I shave every other day or every two days, depending, and that seems to work well. To prevent the bumps from happening, I use TendSkin (Amazon.com: Tend Skin The Skin Care Solution For Unsightly Razor Burns, Ingrown Hair And Razor Burns, 8-Ounce Bottle: Health & Personal Care) after shaving. I have no idea why or how it should work, but it does. Just be careful where you put it, it can sting since it's alcohol-based (but that goes away quickly).

Also, try using a shaving gel for sensitive skin (no fragrances, no dyes) and try using a razor with more blades. I normally use 2-bladed since the refills are cheaper, but I do notice that I have less skin irritation with 3-bladed. And of course, use the razor only for that part of your body, replace when dull, and rinse with water after every pass to keep the blades clean and effective.

You can also try just waxing the area, but the red bumps will probably still happen when the hair regrows. It's just that the bumps happen less often than with shaving.