Thread: The Hunger Games

Default The Hunger Games

After I read all three books in the series my obsession was over where or not Suzanne Collins would write a new book. But when the idea got shot down I turned to FanFiction. Now that the movie trailer is out and the movie is set to be released on March 23, I have been watching the trailer 2 or 3 times a day and can't wait for the release.
    For those of you out there who we Hunger Games fans, are you as pumped to see the movie as I am? And for those of you who haven't read the book, I highly encourage you to. Take it as a recommendation from a fellow ADISCer. So, my question still stands, are you as excited as I am?

mtwelve12

Wow, I only recently (a couple months back) heard of the books by accident. I ordered the first audiobook off ebay like a month or two back on CD and it has been sitting in the cabinet in my cubical at work ever since. I don't even think I put in the first CD. However, now you have my ears perking up. I might see if I can get it started sooner, rather than later!

As for the movie... I love when they take a good book and make it into a movie but I hate when it is done poorly (ie: Eragon). It was actually seeing the first Harry Potter movie that got me hooked on the books. Same is true for Holes and Alabama Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by mtwelve12 View Post
    Wow, I only recently (a couple months back) heard of the books by accident. I ordered the first audiobook off ebay like a month or two back on CD and it has been sitting in the cabinet in my cubical at work ever since. I don't even think I put in the first CD. However, now you have my ears perking up. I might see if I can get it started sooner, rather than later!

As for the movie... I love when they take a good book and make it into a movie but I hate when it is done poorly (ie: Eragon). It was actually seeing the first Harry Potter movie that got me hooked on the books. Same is true for Holes and Alabama Moon.
    Luckily with this one, if you read the book, it translates pretty easily into a movie, minus a few of the subplots that are brought to life by internal monologue. I personally picked up the books after hearing about the film, got the first book last week, got the second friday night (finished it in 6 hours) and picked up the third today (kindles ftw). so, it's a pretty intense series.

Loved it!

My best friend recommended it to me, and i read the three books within three weeks.

I can't wait for the movie!

I have not read the books or even heard of them untill I saw the trailer. But the movie does look very good and interesting. I am definitely going to see the movie and maybe look into the books as I do not read too often.

i can't wait to go and see the film, just waiting for payday so I can get the 3rd book.

also

Quote Originally Posted by TemujinRain View Post
    also
    I'd probably put it either in the cave (like you said) or when Katniss is getting her "last words" with her family before being shipped off to the capitol.