Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other opinions appreciated :)

Default Other opinions appreciated :)

I've been doing some research on the "premium" diapers - Bambinos and the like, trying to figure out which ones to get. But I just couldn't make up my mind - mainly because they all seem to hold so much. My conundrum is that when my fiancÚ and I play diaper/toddler time, it's generally only for a few hours or when she puts me to sleep diapered with binky and bottle. Now, when we play for those few hours I generally wet and get in "trouble" but I never wet to the point of leaking through a maximum protection (the crinkly kind!) Depends. When she puts me to bed, I stay dry or wet even less so than during play time. This long winded question comes down to me asking am I really just going to end up wasting the premium diapers and my money while I'm at it? I'm perfectly content in my crinkly Depends, but I thought the Bambinos or others might be puffier and may even fit better. Thoughts?

If it makes a difference, my favorite jeans are a men's size 42x32 and I'm about 5'7" - if anyone has any brand suggestions for better fit.

Just stay in the premium diaper longer and drink a lot before/ at the beginning of your session. Enjoy the diaper when doing "normal" things even after the session is over. Cook her dinner in one as a thankyou.

Aw I'd stay in it longer if I could. It's only because of our bassackwards schedules. We play when the mood strikes and we have a night with correlating hours together. It's not an every night thing for us. It's complicated lol. Between school and work *holds head* we squeeze play time in when we can. Thats the only reason it's ever only 2-4 hours usually.

I have access to premium diapers and make sure I have them available but as I am not always interested in longer term wear, Depends are still pretty good for me. If that's your style, it makes sense to have a diaper to accomodate it, although I would encourage you to try samples of the higher end ones so you can find something you like for when you might have more time to play.

I agree with Trevor. Get some free samples but don't spend a lot of money on them if u won't use them fully. If I may suggest something, for your nighttime use, get something with velcro so that if u don't wet, you can always re-use. One brand that is thick and puffy with a good fit is Tena Briefs (available in Canada on shelf) and available in US thru ABU and they are reasonably priced compared to some of the others. They hold about 4 good wettings so if u are doing daytime play as...someone suggested, drink tons beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by TraumaChick View Post
    am I really just going to end up wasting the premium diapers and my money while I'm at it? I'm perfectly content in my crinkly Depends, but I thought the Bambinos or others might be puffier and may even fit better. Thoughts?.
    Go to xpmedical and buy a sample pack of Abenas and dry 24/7s. Sometimes it is more about the bulky feeling that you can only get from a premium diaper. The Abena M2's are about as thick as a Depend but fit much better and (although you say your Depends don't) they don't leak as easily as Depends. The Aabena sample pack usually comes with 2 M2's and 2 M4's (which are pretty thick). When you get them, order a sample of Medium and large. I am in the middle and can get away with both but sometimes a large (which will be super big) makes me feel a bit more babyish. It will give you the extra bit of padding that makes you feel little.
    just my thoughts...

Thanks for all the help! I'll indeed look into the sample packs or smaller 2 packs of Bambinos just to have on hand

HIS seems to be focused very heavily on women - they have a special "for men only" area and the rest appears to be for women...

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    HIS seems to be focused very heavily on women - they have a special "for men only" area and the rest appears to be for women...
    Good thing OP is a girl :p