Thread: AB/DL Product companies: Let's support em'

Thumbs up AB/DL Product companies: Let's support em'

First: I am in no way advertising for any company or affiliated with any source.

I just want to say that the companies who have recently popped up who produce abdl products such as Bambino or ABuniverse are a ground up operation catering to a moderately small market. I for one feel LUCKY that they exist! Their overheads are high and profit margins are low. You must understand that the research that goes into producing such products are minimally funded. Usually out-of-pocket, thus, there is much they could improve. However, if they are getting positive results with occasional feedback they will be able to continue providing such products.

My purpose for this post is to encourage anyone to at least try their sample pack offers and provide some feedback on what you like or what could be possibly improved on. (Most have a feedback or email venue) Even though their prices are a bit higher than mainstream products I believe that if their volume gains then eventually the prices will go down.

I know that many abdl's and ic's use daily and use only what is budget-able but I am asserting the occasional sample pack to try. They are doing their best to accomodate every corner of the market to win your trust and business. It will be a sad day if they go under or out of business due to losses.

The same goes for great sites and forums like ADISC. If this site gains too many abusers or creeps, it could turn many off and change the format entirely.

I'm not a saint but just want to see the abdl community running strong. To keep it a safe and fun and prosperous place to interact and find products that suffice our individual needs.

Stay safe and have a very Prosperous New Year!!!

The ABDL product market for diaper is small but donít see many support it to make it anytime biggest simple fact is cost for their diaper even sample. Let say like AB universe for example there way of price things a product like the ABU Super Dry Kids Diapers for 2 sample is $4.95(US) without shipping. Then if you look at the ABU Cushies Diapers it about same cost dollar more at $5.96(US) for sample.

I think only one man reason the ABDL market for diaper will not grown is cost to make them this more playtime diaper then actual use pair IC product what cost less. So in end on less someone figure how make diaper for ABDL community at lower cost it going be very hard go beyond expand more as it is.

The thing is, I think a lot of people don't particularly care about a lot of products these companies are offering. Take the nappies printed to look like baby ones for example: sure it's nice and I'd love to have a fully functioning nappy that looks exactly like those I wore as a baby, but there's the key - fully functioning. I've heard a lot of these things may look nice, but in some cases they can't even hold one wetting reliably. Nobody except those who can burn banknotes for fuel is going to seriously consider frequently spending twice as much for a product that is essentially worse that what they're using. Why not just modify a nappy made for the incontinent adult market so that it looks babyish?

I think we're trapped in a vicious circle here: If they can't produce a product that fulfils the needs of the *BDL market, nobody is going to give them much money for it. If they aren't getting any money, they can't develop or produce a better product. For them to break out of this would require one of two things:
    Getting a large investment from another company - I think this is unlikely, unless an investor actually believes there is a big enough market of people who will buy the products often enough to make a decent profit. they could alternatively take out a loan, but that would be very high risk given their current progress.
    The *BDL community all giving their stuff a try and buying it - The problem with this is, it relies on us all having confidence that with the money we've given to them they actually come up with a product that meets our needs and is preferable to whatever we are currently buying. Bear in mind due to the current small profit margins, we would have to keep paying the higher premium while they developed the better product, and only when or if that product appears will the price drop if it's good and people buy it. The amount of confidence I'd have to have for that kind of outlay with no guaranteed reward at the end is considerable.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodlandWanderer View Post
    Nobody except those who can burn banknotes for fuel is going to seriously consider frequently spending twice as much for a product that is essentially worse that what they're using. Why not just modify a nappy made for the incontinent adult market so that it looks babyish?
    It's actually kind of exciting; there is definitely a market here for someone to do some awesome hand-made goodies, and I think some people are already doing that kind of thing. If I had any kind of skill in sewing or anything I would totally set up shop for making hand-made products that people ask for. Too bad I don't, but it'd be really awesome to see someone step up and do something like that for everyone and make some money in the process. It could be something as simple as making cool tapes or meticulous as custom pajamas or something.

Someone! Make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Point View Post
    It's actually kind of exciting; there is definitely a market here for someone to do some awesome hand-made goodies, and I think some people are already doing that kind of thing. If I had any kind of skill in sewing or anything I would totally set up shop for making hand-made products that people ask for. Too bad I don't, but it'd be really awesome to see someone step up and do something like that for everyone and make some money in the process. It could be something as simple as making cool tapes or meticulous as custom pajamas or something.

Someone! Make it happen!
    A company called Diapertapes already exists, producing rolls of baby print tape you can stick on the front. They have a gallery and some of them look quite nice.
    Alternatively I found this thread here https://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-t...per-tapes.html which has strips you could print out on A4 and apply using clear sticky tape.
    In my view, much more economic than buying a not as good modified product - more flexible too.

I guess I am really trying to say that it doesn't hurt to try a product if it interests you. I realize that designer diapers are too expensive to wear 24/7. I only go through 2-3 diapers a month and usually don't even end up wetting them. I just enjoy the comfort and excitement they bring on the rare occasion. There are alot more abdl's and ic's that go through ALOT more than that. Also, I know that shipping a simple package to say, Europe, is rediculously expensive! I guess my perk is fashion over function and in small amounts

Quote Originally Posted by WoodlandWanderer View Post
    I think we're trapped in a vicious circle here: If they can't produce a product that fulfils the needs of the *BDL market, nobody is going to give them much money for it. If they aren't getting any money, they can't develop or produce a better product. For them to break out of this would require one of two things:
    Getting a large investment from another company - I think this is unlikely, unless an investor actually believes there is a big enough market of people who will buy the products often enough to make a decent profit. they could alternatively take out a loan, but that would be very high risk given their current progress.
    The *BDL community all giving their stuff a try and buying it - The problem with this is, it relies on us all having confidence that with the money we've given to them they actually come up with a product that meets our needs and is preferable to whatever we are currently buying. Bear in mind due to the current small profit margins, we would have to keep paying the higher premium while they developed the better product, and only when or if that product appears will the price drop if it's good and people buy it. The amount of confidence I'd have to have for that kind of outlay with no guaranteed reward at the end is considerable.
    I think you miss an important point, which is that for the current time and the forseeable future, the ABDL fetish market is a niche market. This isn't coke and pepsi where a good product innovation might result in 100,000 new customers. People who have money and want to buy adult baby diapers and products are doing so. I don't think it's reasonable to expect that Bambino inventing a diaper that was quantifiably twice as good- say held more liquid, thicker, softer, tougher plastic, better print, stronger tapes- would result in people buying diapers who aren't buying them already, or in people buying more diapers from Bambino than they are now. On the other hand, Bambino would probably incur significant costs for new product development, and the new product with that better plastic and more filling may very well have a higher production cost as well.

If anything drives product innovation for companies like Bambino, I don't think it's going to be demand. I think it'll be product innovation by other companies that compete for our business, like Abriform. Now is Abriform vying for our business? I doubt it, at least not significantly. But if Abriform introduces a new diaper and Bambino sales drop by a third, they'll have to adapt to bring business back. I don't think there's any segment of the *BDL market not being tapped. I really doubt that people who aren't buying diapers from Bambino or ABU are refraining from doing so because the product isn't good enough. It's because other products are more economical.
    Last edited by Trevor; 30-Dec-2011 at 18:41. Reason: Removing redundant post.

I think NightFox has a couple of very good points. We can support our *BDL community but it still doesn't miss the fact that a lot of people are going to buy for function, and when the functionable products are main stream and are in some cases.. cheaper the majority of sales will swing that way. But like NF said, even if Bambino comes out with a revolutionary diaper that is 10 fold better than any product on the shelves, people like my friends are not suddenly going to be wearing them watching the game.
    Personally I think current products could be innovated not invented. Like something designed to help keep a guy "in place" while wearing. Also why is it so hard not to have use of the full product? The front is soaked and leaking and yet the back is dry.. WTH? Side sleapers need not get started on this issue... Just because something is 10" thick, has "baby" tape on it and holds 40L of urin doesn't make (IMO) an awesome product. It's the practicallity along with functionallity. If my product will do all I listed but may only hold 2 full wettings.. sold.

BabyJayk

Quote Originally Posted by hotstuff View Post
    First: I am in no way advertising for any company or affiliated with any source.

I just want to say that the companies who have recently popped up who produce abdl products such as Bambino or ABuniverse are a ground up operation catering to a moderately small market. I for one feel LUCKY that they exist! Their overheads are high and profit margins are low. You must understand that the research that goes into producing such products are minimally funded. Usually out-of-pocket, thus, there is much they could improve. However, if they are getting positive results with occasional feedback they will be able to continue providing such products.

My purpose for this post is to encourage anyone to at least try their sample pack offers and provide some feedback on what you like or what could be possibly improved on. (Most have a feedback or email venue) Even though their prices are a bit higher than mainstream products I believe that if their volume gains then eventually the prices will go down.

I know that many abdl's and ic's use daily and use only what is budget-able but I am asserting the occasional sample pack to try. They are doing their best to accomodate every corner of the market to win your trust and business. It will be a sad day if they go under or out of business due to losses.

The same goes for great sites and forums like ADISC. If this site gains too many abusers or creeps, it could turn many off and change the format entirely.

I'm not a saint but just want to see the abdl community running strong. To keep it a safe and fun and prosperous place to interact and find products that suffice our individual needs.

Stay safe and have a very Prosperous New Year!!!
    I remember hearing somewhere that ABUniverse had been using under-aged models for their diapers. Not sure I will be supporting them anytime soon. Although I know there are a lot of bambino customers on this site. (I am one)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJayk View Post
    I remember hearing somewhere that ABUniverse had been using under-aged models for their diapers. Not sure I will be supporting them anytime soon. Although I know there are a lot of bambino customers on this site. (I am one)
    Don't know if it was before you joined or not, but there was a big thread here about the brouhaha. Short version is that they were selling diapers made by a separate company, said separate company used underage models. ABU took those stock photos and cropped them down to just the diaper.

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Knom View Post
    Personally I think current products could be innovated not invented.
    I actually think about it the other way. Innovation and invention both cost money. If you innovate something, you're improving it. I don't think there's room to innovate diapers for *BDLs because an improved product wouldn't mean markedly better sales. But if you invent something new- spreader pants come to mind for me- then you have an entirely new market to exploit.