Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleting browsing history

Default Deleting browsing history

Hey people who know how to internet good - I have a question!

My browsing history on my laptop won't delete. Never really had a problem with it before, but I noticed this week it isn't working so good. Computer is a Windows XP, using internet explorer. Any advice?

You could use CCleaner from Piriform, and install CCEnhancer to clean out all your temporary files.

Second on CCleaner. Very important when you visit sites such as this. I would recommend using chrome with incognito mode instead though.

Yes. I don't know about the getting rid of it, but I do second the getting a new browser with incognito mode. (Internet Explorer is the most unsecured piece of ******* out there. I don't know how Microsoft manages to make it that bad...)

for incognito, i'd advice firefox. you can set the options so that nothing is saved, no cookies, no history, no finishing of sites/search terms, nothing.

I also agree with getting a new broswer. Internet Explorer's only purpose is to download FireFox or Chrome the first time you set up a new system.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf3188 View Post
    I also agree with getting a new broswer. Internet Explorer's only purpose is to download FireFox or Chrome the first time you set up a new system.
    Not even, you use Firefox Portable for that

Quote Originally Posted by teslacoil4148 View Post
    Not even, you use Firefox Portable for that
    Well, I keep the most recent Firefox installer on a USB key I use everyime I set up a new system along with a whole bunch of other stuff, so I don't even use I.E at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf3188 View Post
    Internet Explorer's only purpose is to download FireFox or Chrome the first time you set up a new system.
    Not true! It's also for sadistic IT departments, and Microsoft shills.

I like Chrome in that it's very quick. Still, I tend to use Firefox for this site because I'm used to the spell checker and I can delete history very easily.