Thread: feeling a bit down

Default feeling a bit down

As i write this i am feeling alone, i often feel like this but i don't no how to stop this feeling, or rather stop its regular occurrence.

I work out for a number of reasons one of which is i know that after my work out there is a hormone the body produces called endorphins that help lift my low mood from feeling alone however i am unable to do the work out at this time as it is late hear in the UK tonight i have tried watching dvds to escape to a different life but i just haven't being able to shake this feeling

before i begun typing this my initial thought was to just lie on my bed curl up in the dark surrounded by the soft toys i have but i know that wold not accomplish any thing I'm not looking for sympathy I'm looking for a way out other than ending it all and for years now that thought has lingered in my mind

ending it all

I wish there was a standard " this is what you do to fix the problem" answer for the situation, but there's not one, unfortunately. I think, when I get to feeling like that, I make an extra effort to be around friends or family, or call someone if I can't go where they are. Actually talking to a real life person can help for sure. I think for the long term, getting with a counselor/ therapist and discussing the lingering thoughts of suicide would be a really positive first step.

Working out will give you the endorphin rush, but being connected and interacting with other people and trying to root out the cause of where these feelings are coming from might give you another way to beat the issue.

Hope you had a Happy Christmas and have a good New Year!

Thereīs a difference between being and feeling alone and I can assure you: You are not alone!
    There are many people you can talk to, including the members of this site.
    Donīt let these bad feelings cloud your mind and take control of you.
    Just spend some time with friends or members of your family and Iīm sure youīll feel better immediately.
    If thatīs no option: Take a nap. It may sound strange, but sometimes a few hours of sleep can drastically change your mood.

Hang in there and donīt forget:
    In a world of 7 billion people youīll never be alone ^^

I don't have any magic words to help you but I do know what you are going through as I have been there myself.

I suggest you start a new "exercise" that you can do any time you want, so long as there are no overwhelming distractions. It's called meditation, and it has helped me get through a lot of things such as what you are going through. You don't have to be a Buddhist to meditate, it's a way of taming and understanding the mind.

Sit comfortably, whichever way you like, just as long as you are comfortable. Close your eyes and breath. That is all you have to do. Focus on the breath. In... out... in... out....

You will notice your thoughts popping in and out, breaking your focus. Thoughts like, "Am I doing this right?" or "Wow, I think it's working". This will happen, it still happens to me. When you notice this, bring your focus back to the breath. In... out... in... out... in... out....

It will be hard at first but the more you practice this "exercise", you will become better. Your mind will become much more quiet and tame as your feelings will become less attached. Just keep in mind that this won't make you happy, but content. Your mind will become much more clear and you will be able to think more clearly. It will take a load off your shoulders. But most of all it will teach you how to find that golden silence of the mind. You may not get it the first time, but don't give up. Trust me.

You don't have to do it, it's only a suggestion. It is your choice.

~Much Love.

I hear you as well. I deal with depression from time to time and you just have to weather the storm. Try to avoid things that may make you depressed. The holidays are a tough time. Several times this month I thought about when I was little celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas with my parents. They are no longer living and I miss them. Fortunately I have my own family.

We are all part of the cycle of life. Loved ones and friends come into our lives, and some leave. We start out young and little, and over time, age. Each stage has a reason and a purpose. You are a part of all of this. Rather than give up, try to think of the things in life which you enjoy doing or experiencing. If you have family, get involved with them. Offer to help one of them. If you have a friend or two, look them up.

I avoid depression by working, but during the summer, I'm off from teaching. I fill in this time by riding my bike on the bike trail and writing. I love to write because I can create the world I want to live in. I can revisit my childhood through writing. It's a catharsis for me. Try to find something like this for yourself. If all else fails, keep coming here to adisc. Don't be afraid to ask for help, and just pm one of us, or many of us. We are a support group first, and a AB/DL site second. We're here for you.