Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often and when do you change when gone 24/7 and do you change the type of diaper?

Default How often and when do you change when gone 24/7 and do you change the type of diaper?

Those of you who gone 24/7 (more than I expected), how often do you change a day and when? Do you also change the type of diaper depending on what time of the day it is? When you use bambino diapers, I suppose you would use those "classico" ones during the day (thinner) and a "bellissimo" at night for more protection, right?

This must depend on if you are wearing to enjoy, or wearing to use without toilet breaks. Your skin (if nothing else) deserves to be looked after and the answer is to change when you are very wet or have been moderately wet,but not changed for some time. Unless you have very regular discharges of urine it is not possible to time diaper changes "by the clock". This is especially true if you mess your diaper. when it makes sense to change as soon as possible. Higher quality diapers with big capacities are needed at night if you pee in your sleep - perhaps less so if you are just doing it for pleasure and have control over the amount you let out. I wear high capacity Tena Slips at night and a lower rated diaper in he day - I would be happy with the Tena slips all the time as they are not that thick - but they are expensive andI can get away with a cheaper nappy in the day as it makes economic sense - especially as I would probably have to have 2-3 changes on a bad day - whatever kind of diaper I was using.

Normal time after wetting 1-2 two hours I was told by my mom she work at nursing home and she tell it better that way becuase it will provent rash.

When 24/7, I have mostly been relying on Abena M2, M4, AbriForm, as well as Tena Flex and such. My frequency of changing depends on how wet my diaper is, typically varying from 4 to 6 hours during the day, longer at night.

I typically change about 3 to 4 times a day and use Cushies, Super Dry Kids and Tena super briefs. I use each of them as I want, not depending on thickness

As others have said, timing your changes really depends on how often you void. I have had to wear 24/7 for a couple of years now and I use an Abena M1 or M2 during the day at work, most days needing to change once or twice while there. When I get home in the evening, I'll usually change over to an M2 if I have them or an M4 when I'm settling in for the night and know I won't be going back out. Basically, plan on using 4-6 diapers a day. More water you drink, more you're going to use, but the less likely you are to have odor issues.

I wear 2-4 diapers a day, yes I wear a thin diaper during the day and a thicker diaper during the night like a dry 24/7 or a bambino

Generally get through two or three a day if I'm wearing 24/7. Day use is normally Tena Pants pullups unless changing is an issue, then I wear Attends Slip Active, as they can hold quite a lot yet remain fairly unobtrusive. Can stay moderately wet in those for a few hours without problems. If I'm at home, I'll be in a Tena Slip Maxi, which have 80% replaced home bathroom use. Can stay wet for many hours with no issue, but will change within an hour or so of full use, then air for a bit before putting on a new one. Sometimes remain in them longer, as I enjoy the feeling, but you do tend to play Russian Roulette with rashes after a while, and it's just not worth the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by AlSpace View Post
    Those of you who gone 24/7 (more than I expected), how often do you change a day and when?
    Usually the magic number is three. Once in the morning, twice in the late afternoon, and thrice shortly before bed.

Do you also change the type of diaper depending on what time of the day it is?
    Sometimes, sometimes not. Depends on what's in my stash and their quantity.

When you use bambino diapers, I suppose you would use those "classico" ones during the day (thinner) and a "bellissimo" at night for more protection, right?
    Hey are you a Bambino™ marketing rep?

I wear for want, but there are times when I will go more than a week or two wearing diapers around the clock. Normally I will still wear a few hours during the day and I'll be diapered for bed almost every night that I'm home. I wear Tena Ultra Briefs or other cheaper brands during the day. Sometimes i'll use the belted undergarments or pull-ups, but thats only because sometimes my optimism in those types of incontinence products deceives me and i'll buy them.. only to end up with the full unused package shoved deep in my closet. To get rid of them, I'll throw a few in the diaper bag every now and then. At night I use Attends, Tranquility ATN, and sometimes depends. ALL with plastic pants.

For diapers, you should feel when you need a change. It's different for everyone. If you've peed heavily more than twice or the diaper feels bloated and heavy, you should change. Overall, for me it has been a battle between economics, health and fetish. In theory, one that isn't incontinent and consciously empties his/her bladder with the same amount of pee as he/she would empty into the toilet should just go change right away for their skin. BUT of course You would end up spending a TON of money that way and for those who love diapers, being wet is most of the fun. So if you feel wetness against your legs, go change and glop on the Balmex, Vaseline, baby powder, and lotions so you can wear that diaper for a good while.

For pull ups and other products, change right away. They really aren't made to be used as diapers.. They are supposed to hold you over for one "accident" (which is a broad term) until you can change or get to a restroom. If you are out peeing and pooping your Pull-ups like they are diapers, you are going to end up with a bad situation.

For #2 change right away obviously. If you are doing it on purpose, be respectful to others and make sure you aren't going to be putting other people in a very uncomfortable situation. But #2 is very harsh on the skin, so take a shower after you wipe up throughly.