Thread: Tena Flex

Default Tena Flex

What are tena flex like i have the option of getting them just wondering what they are like

These? Since they fasten with that belt, they're prone to leaking around the legs. They do have a nice "baby diaper" sort of look and feel to them. I found that they were comfortable to wear, but I wouldn't recommend wearing one to bed.
    ================================================== ========
    It occurred to me that maybe I could go a bit more in depth, so...
    The belt will fasten around your waist with a velcro tab on one end. The body will then come up and fasten to the belt with velcro @ either corner. I wore one to work for as long as the two packs I bought lasted; I never had a problem with the velcro releasing or anything, and I was able to re-adjust them as often as necessary. Since they have no bottom tab or wing, there is no support from below, so they did tend to want to sag and slide off my hips once they had some usage, and re-adjusting fixed this temporarily.
    I'd say they're a good product for light-to-medium usage, or if you can change at will. Heavy usage or extended (8-to-10 hour) wear? Probably not so much.

Merry Christmas to you BTW.
    Last edited by plenka; 25-Dec-2011 at 07:16.

Im just gonna get them so i can try them

---------- Post added at 07:33 ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by plenka View Post
    These? Since they fasten with that belt, they're prone to leaking around the legs. They do have a nice "baby diaper" sort of look and feel to them. I found that they were comfortable to wear, but I wouldn't recommend wearing one to bed.
    ================================================== ========
    It occurred to me that maybe I could go a bit more in depth, so...
    The belt will fasten around your waist with a velcro tab on one end. The body will then come up and fasten to the belt with velcro @ either corner. I wore one to work for as long as the two packs I bought lasted; I never had a problem with the velcro releasing or anything, and I was able to re-adjust them as often as necessary. Since they have no bottom tab or wing, there is no support from below, so they did tend to want to sag and slide off my hips once they had some usage, and re-adjusting fixed this temporarily.
    I'd say they're a good product for light-to-medium usage, or if you can change at will. Heavy usage or extended (8-to-10 hour) wear? Probably not so much.

Merry Christmas to you BTW.
    Thanks have a good christmas as well

Happy christmas from the uk to you folks as well. I wear these nappies myself during the day. Tena introduced the softer style cover back in 2003 or there abouts. Prior to that they still were a belt design but were of all plastic construction which i found uncomfortable, so it was nice to be able to wear " comfortable" nappies with the new design I know alot of folks here do not like the cloth covered nappies for a number of reasons I will admit i have been disappointed with their performance before in the past even to the point of changing to a (same style) but different manufacturer. I have contacted Tena in the past as i think it is important to give feedback so that any issues can be addressed. i also think it is equally important to give credit where it is due as well. I myself believe Tena have reworked the way this diaper/ nappy absorbs liquid as i very rarely have any problems with leaks when i am wearing these & are for me one of the driest diapers/nappies available. They are alot more discrete than the slip because there is less of it mostly round the hips & the belt can be adjusted throughout the time you are wearing it. I do wear either stretch pants or underwear which keeps everything in place & i can change standing up as well without having to take all your clothes of do do it .

Thumbs up

Merry Christmas all and another nod for the flex.These are my favorite due to the fact that as a comfort wearer,the reusable velcro tabs mean without using you can get a nice long lifespan on a pack of these.The flex maxi is sooooo soft and comfortable,however as the op mentioned before,a little usage cause these to sag,and the vecro could irritate the skin if worn for an extended period of time due to bendind of the belt.
    I wish they would use more velcro or make the fit similar to the tena stretch which i cannot get in SA.
    Still i love em.

I love the Tena Flex. Comfy, good fit, high absorption, thick but not excessively so. As others stated in this thread, they do need support and tend to sag and / or slide when wet anf heavy. This is not a problem for me as I always wear a onesie.

lol plenka is right there not very good i sometimes wear them i woudent recmound them but if u want to wear them then its up to u

So i tried them i must admit they are great for travelling also they are discreet didnt get any weird looks at all today which was awesome, they are also comfortable thats also a plus

I would say Tena Flex are convenient for travelling when it's difficult to find a comfortable place to put a "regular" diaper on. Easy to change in these 1mx1m cabins. But I don't like them. The velcros tend to irritate the skin and you have to be really to careful to put it in a way to avoid it. Also not good for the night/sleeping/lying down.