Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diet Pills

Default Diet Pills

I am looking for a diet pill that works well. I want to drop lots of weight during the school year. I need to drop at least 40-50 pounds. Right now I'm 190 . I would exercise but I cant due to hip problems. Because of the hip problems, I am overweight. So what can I use that works well?

P.S. I guarantee someone will say "diet pills are bad if your under 18" well I don't care. My immune system is very strong and I have no allergies. If something was going to hurt me internally I would not take it. I have family in the medical field and I am getting an early start on medical books. I KNOW MY MEDICAL RISKS!

You should talk to a doctor. You should also see a nutritionist.

Taking diet pills is not going to make you miraculously lose weight.

Sorry for the disappointment.

Almost all diet pills say on the side "With diet and exercise" and apparently you can't do one of those. Like ayanna said, talk to a nutritionist. That - or your regular doctor can suggest something/someone.

I've heard of some bad side effects from those such as increased heart rate and such, even if you say you know your risks, I still say it isn't a good idea. Plus they don't really work anyways, you're better off with a proper diet. And as Ayanna and Mandi said, talk to a doctor.

I do get some exercise. I will be walking about 4 miles a day from class to class. And I know they do not miraculously lose weight but anything will help. I would exercise more if I could but 2 miles a day was pushing it now 4 miles I will have to get a stronger pain med.

Diet pills are junk, nothing you can buy in any store will work, if you want diet pills that work, and you can find a doctor who will supply you with them they will work, BUT, any weight you loose with the use of diet pills will come back 2 fold.

So if you loose 50 you will get 100 back, what you need to do is adjust your eating, nobody who sits around all day(and I'm not saying you do) can eat like someone who is active.

To loose weight the way is actully simpel, eat less and do more, if you can't do anything you need to eat less, I existed on 600 calories a day and I had a job, but I made up my mind I wasn't going to be fat anymore.

The only thing an OTC diet pill will do is make your wallet lighter, you will loose weight but money dosen't weigh much, but your wallet will be much thinner.

I have a bad leg and I walk 4 miles a day all winter, it takes me 1 to 2 hours to walk 4 miles, so I can't see how you are going to walk 3 miles at school between classes, you might feel like you walk that much but I doubt it very much.

Untill you walk a measured mile you don't know how much your walking.

I'm not argue about my route in my school. It's a huge campus built in the 50's.

Yes, diet pills are not a standalone "cure" to being overweight. You still have to eat right and exercise regularly. Even with a bad hip, there are some exercises that you can do that can burn fat, so seek out a personal trainer or ask around for someone who might know. Other than that, see a doctor and nutritionist as well so you can focus on your eating and general well-being.

Duromine is excellent if you can get a doctor to prescribe it. How overweight is 190 pounds? If you are seriously overweight and it's posing serious health risks it'll be easy to get it from a doctor, otherwise your chances won't be too good as it has a lot of abuse potential (it's an amphetamine) and a lot of people seek it when hey are doctor shopping. any pills prescribed by a doctor are likely to be an amphetamine of some sort. If you don't like the idea of that then you should stay away from them. As for over the counter weight loss drugs, they *can* help if you work out a proper diet with them. Most of them are loaded with caffeine which acts as an appetite suppressant (much in the same way as the amphetamine type drugs that doctors prescribe.). If you have a hypersensitivity to caffeine, high blood pressure, sleeping disorder or an anxiety disorder of any sort you should stay away from them. If you are taking any medications already (including anything you might buy over the counter or from a health food shop) then you should speak with your doctor or a pharmacist to find out id there are any contraindications between them. Also note that caffeine is a diuretic and it will make you piss like a hose. If all this doesn't bother you and you are willing to put in the hard work that goes with it then you definitely should give them a try. Otherwise, you'll have to do it the old fashion way.

A diet pill isn't going to make you thin unless you also eat right and get excercise. Even with a hip injury there are still ways to get excercise. You need to try your hand at low impact excercises, so walking or running wouldn't be ideal. Go to a pool and do a few laps, just to try it out. As the weeks go by, slowly build up the amount of laps you do. Add a healthy diet on top of that and you will lose a lot more weight than just popping diet pills. Plus you'll have more money.

If you eat like crap, you'll look like crap. I don't know what your diet is like, but with the low amount of excercise you get because of your injury, you can't eat like everyone around you that excercises regularly. If you eat fast food, stop. If you drink coffe, pop, milkshakes, stop. Cut dairy down to the daily minimum. If you get hungry, eat a carrot. If you crave something sweet, have some fruit. The most important thing, though, is to stick with it.

We can't tell you how to change your lifestyle, but we can offer advice. And as others have said, diet pills are not magic.