Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling different than most AB's

Default Feeling different than most AB's

I have been thinking this a lot and I find what makes it hard for me to fit in the AB world is I am not like other ABs, I feel very different.

For example, I hate kiddie shows, I prefer CNN, Fox News, MLB Network, Fox Soccer, and vulgar comedy shows over Nickelodeon, Disney, PBS, and kids shows in general. I admit I do have a few guilty pleasures but not often as I prefer my adult shows over kids shows.

I also am an avid reader. I read Clancy, Grisham, King, Crichton and a ton of sports fact books that I keep around me.

I also sometimes don't know how to talk about my AB feelings online because of the fear of drama, being ripped apart and getting sucked into a petty feud. I think that's why I have a hard time fitting in here plus I also don't talk about my AB feelings.

My AB side has been hurt a lot too, so that adds a big factor into it. It's hard for me to let my AB side out because of being lied to, hurt, misled and people who get off on playing games with people's emotions. It's hard to deal with those emotions sometimes too.

So, my question is this, are there ABs that prefer to be in the adult world more than the baby world too?

WildThing121675

Kindof, I enjoy a healthy balance. It's not that I'd rather have one over the other, but I'd much rather be an adult a majority of time...

It's more of thing with freedom though; as much as I like being able to hide from the worlds problems for a little while, there is way too much fun out there to pass up.

I do. My AB side is mostly in trappings and subtle relationship dynamics.

Even when I was a little kid (and into all of this even then) people called me a little old man.

So... Yeah I definitely get it.

When I'm in AB mode and watching shows with my teddy bear and blanket... That show is typically the daily show. Or I'm watching a documentary or horror flick.

I can't watch the shows I watched as a kid (well the normal ones at least) without wanting to claw my eyes out.

*except the "good" Disney or Pixar films, but c'mon...

I have watched a few kids' TV shows with my niece and I really can't stand it. I find myself picking faults in them and I find them somewhat patronising, although that's probably to be expected. I especially hate it when they try to interact with their audience, for example, Special Agent Oso needs some goggles for something and he has a shelf with three items on them, a pair of goggles and two things that look nothing like goggles, like, I don't know, a beach ball and a model car, and he stands there in front of the shelf with the goggles in plain sight, turns to you, scratches his head and asks, "Can you help me find my goggles?" and I'm like, they're fucking there, you idiot, open your eyes. How did you become a Secret Agent anyway? I get that these shows are not aimed at me, but I'm explaining why I hate watching them.

There was another example where these kids are in this boat that can transform into a plane and a train and whatever else they can think of. So they're sailing down this river being chased by crocodiles but oh no! there is a pile of logs blocking the way! What shall we do? Obviously we have to sing along and hit our legs with our hands or something encourage some magical river-log clearing animal to eat the wood and clear a path to freedom. So we do this, get past the log, and watch as they turn their boat into a fucking plane and fly away! Why didn't you just fly over the god damn logs?

Anyway, rant over. I get what you're saying and I'm pretty much the same.

My AB side is subtle. Being in a situation where I really feel regressed only happens on very rare occasions. It's not about that for me. It's little things like sometimes feeling childish, sneaking a suck on the binky while driving, or that moment before I fall asleep while curled up in my pajamas. Subtle. I feel like my AB side is shy and likes to hide away most of the time.

I definitely prefer watching adult-themed movies (mostly comedies) but I have to say, my favorite books are youth and teen fiction. I just read the hunger games series and couldn't put it down... can't wait for the movie.

I do feel weird as an *B from time to time. Mostly because I am so deep into being a caretaker. When my urges come up, I have to try and work out if I'm the one who needs babying, or if I'm just pining away for someone else to baby.

I also feel different in that my interest has changed so drastically in just a few short years. When I started it was all sexual, diapers felt Good! But after a while that subsided and I got more in touch with a babyish side of myself, who likes drinking from a bottle and wearing a footed sleeper for comfort, not for sex. And now I'm to the point where I can't tell if my desires are for myself or for someone else.

So yes, I do pretty frequently feel like a very unique case in the AB/DL world.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlikra View Post
    I have watched a few kids' TV shows with my niece and I really can't stand it. I find myself picking faults in them and I find them somewhat patronising, although that's probably to be expected. I especially hate it when they try to interact with their audience, for example, Special Agent Oso needs some goggles for something and he has a shelf with three items on them, a pair of goggles and two things that look nothing like goggles, like, I don't know, a beach ball and a model car, and he stands there in front of the shelf with the goggles in plain sight, turns to you, scratches his head and asks, "Can you help me find my goggles?" and I'm like, they're fucking there, you idiot, open your eyes. How did you become a Secret Agent anyway? I get that these shows are not aimed at me, but I'm explaining why I hate watching them.
    Ack! This is the reason I hate kids shows as well, *most* kids shows. I certainly do like the odd bunch - Franklin, Arthur, Magic School Bus, I mean how can you go wrong with those shows. I will admit I have a guilty pleasure to Caillou as well, even that show can be slightly annoying at times; but overall quite good. There sire are a few others I could enjoy I'm sure, but not really anything else worthy of listing.

I find myself in the adult world more often than I would like actually, university kind of makes it a bit difficult to be little :P But, I still keep a small amount of balance in my life.

You certainly aren't alone by any stretch of the imagination.

Cherub

Arlikra: you just cracked me up!!! Those comments about the cartoon characters looking at the TV audience and asking for help (like Dora the explorer for example) drive me nuts too! But the way you worded your frustrations just struck a funny bone in me and I actually laughed out loud. I like to go into AB mode once in a great while. However I am mostly DL. But since I do have AB interests I listed it in my profile.

Having said all that, when I am am diapered up and watching TV I like watching older TV shows like Star Trek Next Generation, or Star Trek Voyager. Or even going back a little further,,,the A-Team or Knight Rider. Yes I know, looking back, the acting is almost laughable. But they were good shows. I also like watching things like Extreme engineering or World's toughest fixes, and such while I am diapered up.

I feel like: 1) If I want to be entertained,,,,then I want entertainment that isn't going to make me feel like shutting off the TV from lack of interest. 2) If I am watching TV, sometimes I like to learn. And a little kid cartoon just isn't going to work. So these are the kind of shows I like when diapered up.

Just because I like wearing diapers, doesn't mean that I must conform to watching little kids cartoons. It's been said many times, that the AB/DL spectrum is wide-ranging. I would think that would encompass things like TV show preferences while diapered.

I hear ya loud and clear xD most days I don't get into a "little" mindset, and even when I do you'd be hard pressed to get me to show my kid side lol.

i lol'd at arlikra's comments too. i tried to watch an episode of "go diego go" once, and found it unbearable. his tone of voice is so monotonously upbeat. i was expecting it to make me feel regressed, but instead it made me want a stiff glass of bourbon to chase away all that horrid false enthusiasm.

those shows are aimed at toddlers, though. i tend to enjoy books and movies that are aimed at older kids, but i also enjoy adult stuff too. i have a regressive side to my personality, but i'm also 29 years old and i enjoy the sorts of things a typical 29-year-old would enjoy. just because we're AB/DLs doesn't mean we're not also perfectly normal adults.